1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Couple questions about fishing

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Cycloknight, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Cycloknight

Cycloknight Adventurer

1. What are the differences between treasure chest levels? Do higher level chests give better loot or just more of it?

2. I have read here and there that people with higher luck have better chances of finding MIB's and/or getting ancient SOS' when opening MIB's. Anyone have a definite answer on this?

3. Does having 120 fishing increase your chances of getting more mibs?

4. Finally, is there any bonus to fishing or SOS fishing in Fel?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

#1 Cycloknight, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

1. There are levels of SOS chest loot can be found here: MIB/SOS Loot. I have not noticed a change in quality of the items, though the quantity of the items increases with the chest level.

2. The Luck stat has no bearing on your chances to get Ancient SOSs: http://stratics.com/community/threads/lack-of-mib.288337/#post-2223425.

3. I suspect that the chance to fish up an MIB increases with fishing skill above GM. The chance to catch the Big Fish types increases, so it is likely that other rewards (MIBs, Treasure Maps, Nets...) do as well. It would require extensive testing to determine the exact magnitude of the increase.

4. The only bonus to fishing in Felucca is the double resources (scales and leather) from the sea serpents. There are a couple rare fish that can only be fished up in Felucca.

Stayin Alive,

BG

#2 Barry Gibb, Feb 2, 2013
  3. Cycloknight

Cycloknight Adventurer

Hey thanks, I guess the only thing left to test would be the 120 skill mib thing.

#3 Cycloknight, Feb 2, 2013
  4. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I have a 120 fisher and a gm fisher and I see no difference in the amount of mib's each one gets. They both average out to be the same, generally I get about 2-3 per hour of straight fishing, meaning cutting up everything to just keep fishing to pull up serpents and deep sea serpents. That is an average though, sometimes more and sometimes none in an hour but I think 2-3 per hour on each is about right.

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Remember also that you'd have to pull the sea serpent before even getting a chance to roll for the MiB, and as far as I know, it's just a flat chance for the Serpent for anyone fishing a Deep Sea tile.

There is one unmentioned difference to fishing in Felucca, and that is that the Rare and Legendary fish will be different, you'll get Great instead of Yellow Barracuda, and Black instead of Blue Marlin in Felucca.