1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Couple unraveling questions.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AxiamInc, Jan 21, 2011.

1. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hello all,

I've been working on a little tool to help people with recipe crafting and unraveling. But I've been unable to find any definite or current answers to two of the questions I have that are crucial to making it work.

1. What is the diminishing multiplier for items that have more than 5 properties?

2. What are the current bonus's to being a Gargoyle, as well as using the Queen's forge when unraveling? I'm looking for bonus percentages so I can dump them into my equations.

Thanks much in advance to anyone that can help me with these numbers!

Ax

2. Kim Li of LS

Kim Li of LS Guest

I think the case for items with 6 or more mods is:

(total intensity/# of mods) * 5

3. AxiamInc

Stratics Veteran

Thank you very much for the reply. That's the most important bit of information that I needed.

Anyone happen to know the racial and forge bonus's though?

4. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Gargoyle + Queens forge = 50, I can't remember which is 30 and which is 20 though.

The new multiplier for if an item is imbued is .75

5. AxiamInc

Stratics Veteran

Thank you Elden. Is the 50 that you mentioned in regards to property weight? Or a percentage chance to get more resources back out of the item?

What I'm asking is would that mean that a crafted item only need 450 prop weight if used at the queens forge as well as with a gargoyle character?

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually, the imbued item multiplier is 0.70, not 0.75 - it says so in the patch notes.

And the 50 bonus is in regard to property weight. Non-gargoyles on a normal soulforge get relics at 450 non-weighted intensity or higher. Gargoyle bonus, and the forge bonuses, can take that down as low as 400, IIRC.

I THINK that the public soulforge in the square the Royal City (where the quest givers are) has only 1/3 the bonus of the Queen's soulforge, which would mean the gargoyle bonus would be the "20" and the Queen's forge the "30", with the public soulforge being a "10" bonus if used instead of the Queen's.

Of course, this is from memory, and I'm slightly sleep-deprived at the moment.

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Any links to this info? Particularly that first statement?

8. AxiamInc

Stratics Veteran

Thanks again for all the info, it has helped tremendously.

Does durability play a part anymore?

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Not right off, because the devs didn't restore the patch & publish notes from before the uo.com/UOHerald hardware upgrade during the summer, and the change happened last winter. Stratics was given a copy of all the patch and publish notes prior to that point to archive, but I don't think that project is ready for public use yet.

Prior to that change, they instituted a 20% penalty to imbued items, but that still allowed people to imbue stuff to 500%, enhance it, then unravel it for relics. The change to a 30% penalty (or a 0.70 modifier) removed almost all of that ability as well. If you search through all the discussions on making relic fragments, you can probably find a rough date for it, and the size of the penalty being discussed.

Note that it's possible that persons thinking it was 0.75 instead of 0.70 are confused by the fact that special materials also give a slight bonus (mostly in the .01 to .10 range) to the unravel value. In fact, the material bonus value for some woods got nerfed again after that, because some people found that they could make woodland gorgets, imbue cheaply, then enhance with bloodwood, for cheap relics, even with the 0.70 modifier.

10. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You still can do that with bloodwood basara. And there are a few other tricks as well, but they are all too costly in resources to be profitable at producing relics.