1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] crabs? lobsters?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by arkanos, Nov 23, 2010.

1. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    Hi, I am new to the expansion and did my first couple of fishing quests yesterday (I guess I am pretty lucky cause I got a 105 PS off the 7th quest I completed).
    My question is - and sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere:
    are there any types of fish or crabs/lobsters that will never be part of an order and can be cut up or used in another way?

Normal crabs and lobsters f.e. dont seem to be needed for the quests. Do they have any other use I dont know about? Cant be cut up, but maybe for cooking? Or are they ingredients for something I dont know about? Or can I simply dump them?

2. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran

May 30, 2008
    All of the named crabs/lobsters and all the fish are used for quests, except for the rare ones which are used for fish pies. Normal crabs and lobsters don't have a use at the moment but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they might be added to the community collections and/or given a use in cooking.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    That was said in the last week or so by Devs. Hopefully, it will be sooner, than later...
  4. Amathist

Amathist Guest

Just to double check does this mean we can not sell them any where at the moment?