1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Crach PC with a char

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Please help!!!
    After the new pacth i can't be able to log in UO with and withiot assist with a char. I've tried with KB, cancelling the patch i enter with the char.
    With 2D, after the patch if i try to login with this char the PC go in crash!!!
    For the other char it's all right.
  2. ok, go into your desktop folder that stores your character settings (macros, etc) for the char you're trying to log in.

Rename that folder, so the game re-creates it. If you can log in, it means something in your char settings files is corrupted.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, now it's all righy. But why the files was corrupted?? Suddenly?
    Ah.. i've misssed an ethereal horse. When i login this horse was missed [​IMG]
    However, thanks you!
  4. this has happened to me from time to time, normally it happens when i close UO without logging out. must be something about saving the desktop when you log.. very frustrating.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I am still having problems getting in. I did a clean uninstall and a reinstall. I still cannot get it. I think it is a bad patch. Any suggestions? I did call EA games and they said they looking into it.
  6. You can try slowly copying the more important files back into your auto-generated character folder.

For example, you could copy your character macros over and see if they work. You might be able to save yourself a lot of setup time if your character macro file is still ok [​IMG]

if not, you can open it in notepad and copy/paste a lot of the macros into your new file.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

If your useing vista you need to set UO to run as administrator. Even sometimes uoassist when they have updates available.