1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"crafted by" em stuff

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Smoot, Dec 1, 2014.

?

Do you like crafted by stuff?

1. I prefer real/yellow-tag items but like "crafted by" too

2. I wish all EM items were "crafted by"

3. I do not like crafted by items

4. I would rather have one real/yellow tagged item per EM per month (currently we have 2 EMs)

5. I would prefer no item rather than a "crafted by" item

6. I don't think Events should have any items at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

simple poll to get an idea of peoples love / hate / indifference of crafted by items

2. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Bueller?
    Bueller? Bueller?
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Bueller? Bueller?
    Bueller?

Sorry I use that quote whenever I can. Seriously though, I believe its common knowledge that Event Moderators are limited to how many "Yellow Tag" event items they can give out. I am assuming our Event Moderators create the "crafted by" for a keepsake type of item. Something players can have to remember the fun and enjoyment they experienced at the event they attended. They can put the item on display, wear it or carefully place it in a backpack, stuffed in the bottom left corner of a wooden chest, placed under 4 other Wooden chests, and behind the 9th Anniversary curtain so they can find it later on down the road and be like "I remember back when...."

4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

its one item per EM. the 2 chessy EMs generally choose to use one item for crafted, one for yellowtag / standard. I made this poll to see if people really do prefer that, in contrast to other shards where each EM has a yellow tag item (2 drops for shards with 2 EMs, there have even been times of 3 EMs / 3 drops/yellow tag.
    Theres been some talk of it lately in UO hall why chessy doesn't take advantage of 2 "real" / yellow tag keepsakes.

If you are correct and the "crafted by" stuff doesnt count as an item night, then i dont understand why the 2 EMs dont fully utilize the drop allowances, in addition to crafted by.

Personally, with the EM style of Chessy, i would prefer no items at all. This would allow the RP to flourish, while elimintating the crowds / multiboxers who only come for the chance of a drop, or EM crafted item.
    Of course this also negates most the need for the special tools EMs have, as most RP can be done by normal players.

#4 Smoot, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    BrianFreud and Lord Gareth like this.
  5. Lord Gareth

*Digs deep into his half working brain* I believe EM Crafted Items are unlimited... Still waiting for them to make a "Crafted by Gareths Godly Hands Which Pwn The Horse Dung Outta Mesanna!"

Smoot likes this.
  6. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

If you don't like anything the Chesapeake EMs ever do, and it's obvious that you and several others don't, then the solution is simple: don't come to Chesapeake EM events. Problem solved.

Sooo.... because you aren't getting what you want the way you want it on a shard you don't really play except when you think there might be a pixel payday, no one on that shard should get anything? And if not to act as rares dispensers, then there really isn't a point of having event moderators on Chesapeake at all?

Wow.

I have a better idea. How about NOT penalizing Chesapeake players or restricting what WE can get or have because of the consistent misbehavior of players from other shards?

Shard bound. EVERYTHING the Chesapeake EMs ever make or give out. Forever. I think that would sufficiently deter the dreaded multiboxers and cross shard zerg swarm and allow RP on Chesapeake to flourish, like you said.

Love it.

whiterabbit likes this.
  7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i like the general style of chessy, i dont like that events are often disrupted by people just there for the chance at a drop (and lets be honest chessy drops arent really all that great anyway) Also i feel they are too long but that is a personal preference. an hour for me is enough video game time for me for a night.

Thats why i suggested no drops on chessy, purely RP, i know i would enjoy smaller groups where the RP could take forefront, while also having easier player interaction with the EMs / storyline. cause ill also be honest, i enjoy RP but standing in a group watching a text wall can get a bit dull. if the groups were smaller (no one there for items) i think the events would be more enjoyable and give the EMs chances to interact with players.

This isnt about me tho or my preferences.

I realize that the EM job is a paid posistion, and that many players do like the standard items policies of other shards.

I like your idea of shardbound items for chessy, that would also be a good solution

this poll was just to get an idea of that.

8. Lord Gareth

If that is what you are looking for then I would strongly suggest attending the Royal Guard events on Chesapeake, that would match exactly what you are looking for since they divide into units and your prize is sash or what not with your name engraved and the rank you've earned etc.

9. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

Shard bound. EVERYTHING the Chesapeake EMs ever make or give out. ForeveR
    MEEES LIKEs DIS IDERER

#9 whiterabbit, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    Lord Gareth likes this.
  10. Lord Gareth

Would save me the hassle of having to bring it back to Chessy from another shard :)

Speranza and whiterabbit like this.
  11. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

To be honest, I don't like this idea. Yes, I hate the swarms of eventers that drown out events. But I also like some event items made on other shards. My favorite easter basket is indeed one I cannot bring home to Chessie - that basket on Siege was gorgeous. I'd be all for more EM crafted items on Chessie, as there's little off-shard demand, and thus the numbers of eventers would fall off if they expected Chessie to not have EM items from events.

I disagree, though, that there's no difference from player RP events if EM's don't create items; they have far more powers than *just* that one. They can create locations that aren't based in a house, for example... (see Pike, Paws, etc.)

12. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I understand what you are saying Brian but it seems like the majority of event item drops end up on Atlantic. Keeping them shard bound would preserve shard history and get rid of a lot of Drama. Immediately after last nights event, chat was flooded with people asking how many drops there were and then BAM they made their way to the trade forums to be sold and cross sharded. :(

13. Lord Gareth

Event drops end up on Atlantic mainly because that is where the Game Economy is and I have brought back countless items to Chesapeake. I personally like knowing how many items were dropped because I don't want to be paying 500million for a 30+ drop and if the drop is 1-10 I need to know so I don't pass up an opportunity to purchase one when only a few will ever be sold.

14. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Shard bound wouldn't fix anything, it would only hurt. Cross sharders will still go to events, and they will still get the drops to sell to people on the shard its bound to.

Also

Many times when I have purchased an event item, it has been from players who ONLY play on that shard.

Its not anyone's responsibility to decide who should or should not get drops. Everyone plays differently. Some people want to keep the drops, some people want to sell them. That fact is not for just people from off shard, but from people ON the shard as well.

azmodanb likes this.
  15. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

This won't happen. You need to attend an auction on Chesapeake, pay attention to the buyers, and then realize that we don't have the gold you want for those items. You can't pay your bills if the home team is not willing to pay more than maybe 10 million for an item.

16. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I mean....this is my home shard. I know for a fact there are plenty of people on Chessy who have the gold for rares.

17. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Then you need to tell them to come to the auction house so Brian can stop buying all of them :p

BrianFreud likes this.
  18. Lord Gareth

And I appreciate you not taking me to the cleaners a few times when I know you could have made a huge profit on some Chessy Drops.

19. BrianFreud

Lol, I only wish more of them came to the auction house! :D

20. BrianFreud

I do understand the sentiment. I would point out, though, for most everyone I know on chessie, there's that one EM item which they love... and most of those came from other shards. Nubby's Daemonic Crisis Vanquisher, Ivy's cat collection, etc... Shard bound would also mean we couldn't import those items. I just wish items were more plentiful, so everyone in attendance got a true keepsake; be it a 10, 15, or 20 drop, as it is, many leave feeling left out.

DreadLord Lestat and Riyana like this.
  21. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

True, though I'd rather have fewer cats and less disrupted events. There needs to be a balance somehow. Making the items more common might work... but I imagine many would object quite strongly to that.

22. BrianFreud

Aye; I've made the suggestion before, as have others, but it's not all that popular with those who've chimed in, over in UHall and the rares forum. As Gareth said (here or in another recent thread), there's a huge price difference between (10), (20), (30), and (*)... Even if they kept the occasional rarer items, I'd like to see far more be (200) - like Europa last year - or (*) [clickie/everyone drops]. For those infrequent rarer items, I'd rather some fairer system that fits the RP and spreads the 'drops' out over time, depending on your own effort, instead of always needing some boss to kill. Thus I love stealing events, or one like the creepy elf back in 2013; you actually have to do something more than just build a high end template with an expensive suit. They're also far, far harder to script!

23. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Why not both? Have a rare drop that is something unique and then have a clicky which is the UO equivalent of "I killed the orc king and all I got was this t-shirt".