1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crafter or resource gatherer Siege Perilous

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Synbad, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

What is the most needed?

2. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Neither... I'm pretty sure 90% of the community has their own mule. It comes down to what you'll have fun with the most.

Synbad likes this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

There may be most money in ressource gatherer, crafting is complicated, special if you want to sell suits as it seem like each player have his own wish for a perfect suit and vendor fee eat up alot of the profit.

Maybe we need a thread, where people can post, what they have hard finding on vendors.

Synbad likes this.
  4. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

yeah im just having a hard time getting into doing a crafter again... resource gathering i can have some fun ore ele hunting and doing paragons

5. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I prefer crafting but there's no gold in it on Siege so I'm now doing gathering and selling to bazaar vendors, though I'm thinking of setting up resource vendors as well.

Many crafted house deco items are now available on vendor search for 250 gold which is less than one gold per board in most cases, Bags of Sending are up to 65k each, and Powder of Translocation is still 1k each.

Prices offered for resources at the bazaar are typically low and the prices that show on vendor search are higher. What buyers want to pay and what sellers want to get are different as usual. :)

6. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

what is your template for gathering Tanivar?

7. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

It varies depending on what I'm gathering. Normally Tanivar has the four Mage skills, Hiding and Stealth on him, with two more skills that vary. I use the 104 skill points available via jewelry.

He has the four Barding skills, three Taming skills, Spellweaving, Wrestling, Lumberjacking, Mining, and Alchemy on soulstones. The barding skills are proving the handiest though I just finished GMing the barding skills in high bouras and don't want to even see another boura for a while... :shots: :rolleyes:

Hiding and Stealth are good to have handy. Stealth should be at least 80 real skill so you are likely to stay hidden when you stealth back to your body some places like the lava area in Ter Mer. The Daemon Claws sell for a decent price, just remember, no insurance on Siege, being able to get back to your body is important here.

My two characters here are Tanivar & Landreu both with the [LBSS] guild banner. Landreu is all crafting, Tanivar is the gatherer. Their house is on the shore straight west of the south end of the mountains by Zento with a greenhouse next door. They wander the Lands at whatever hours I'm awake and in the mood to play, which is fairly often. :)

8. Lexx Merlin

Lexx Merlin Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm always looking for resources. Mining, wood, and imbuing essences

9. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

A good source would be gargoyle and Tokuno merchant ships, plenty of the higher end leather, ore, and wood. Discovered Heartwood and Bloodwood actually exist and are not a mere myth! Must be from some distant foreign land we players can't reach. Even got a few logs of frostwood one time. Been called liar!! in every tavern in Sosaria when I mention it. :lol: