1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[General] Crafter skills

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Megadeth76, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Megadeth76

Megadeth76 Guest

Hi all,
    I've decided to pick up SA after leaving UO back in 98. So much has changed!

Now to my question:

I wanted to make a crafter character and currently have GM Lumberjacking and GM Carp. On this char I also have 50 Blacksmithing and 70 Mining, and 80's Arms Lore. If I GM those, that would take 500 skill points. What are the other complementary skills? Can I make any blacksmithed object with this setup or should I add some other skill in to support it? Would another character be able to imbue the things the BS creates? I also thought about adding Fletching in. - just a little confused about getting the most out of each character slot.

Thanks for any help!
  2. Lots of things to consider. For one you want to get 120 blacksmthing if you want to be a smith. You might want to consider weapons skills if you want to mine up ore elementals and kill them for their ore. My imbuer is a seperate character from my other crafters so that is fine. Tinkering might be good so you can make your own tools. Tailors make the best armor. It really depends on what you want.
  3. Megadeth76

Megadeth76 Guest

So other than that, there aren't really any other dependencies for blacksmithing such as needing tinkering to make lockable boxes with a carpenter?
  4. There is a whole bunch of multiple skill crafting items but they can be managed with soulstones. I really enjoy killing elelmentals for their ore so skills to kill them are important for my miner blacksmith. Lots of people like to have crafter mules who just make things but I prefer to have characters who have offensive and defensive skills too. If you make a crafting mule with music skills too then you can make most things. I have no interest in making these multiple skill items for the most part. Soulstones help make it all possible since you can stone off one skill and add another when you want to make the specific items requiring those skills
  5. Megadeth76

Megadeth76 Guest

Thanks for the advice.