1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crafter Template

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by cynnir, Jul 2, 2014.

1. cynnir

cynnir Visitor

Greetings UO Crafters,

I just finished hitting some major milestones on my crafter. He is 120 BS, Tailoring, and Imbuing, 100 Armslore. I want to finish off his template and also I have another acct. with plenty of space to create one or two more crafters to be able to make anything I want.

My favorite part of this game is crafting, and my goal here is to have the ability to craft all of the items that the game has to offer. How should I finish off the template on the guy I already have and what other templates should I make to give me the ability to craft all things?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

120 smith
    120 tailor
    120 imbuing
    100 arms lore
    100 tinkering
    100 carpentry
    60 Mage (boosted to 110 with items)

That's my first crafter. Second atm is:

120 fishing
    100 bow craft
    100 alchemy
    100 mining
    100 lumberjack
    100 Margery

CorwinXX likes this.
  3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Beeing able to craft everything with highest possible quality brings up three problems:
    - carpentry needs many secondary skills for many items
    - armslore gives a (small) boost to every crafted weapon and armour
    - imbuing is needed for reforging
    For my own sake, I gave up on 'needing' arms lore for every other skill. (In my case for alchemy/glass weapons) But I still need a soulstone for my main crafter. (Actually 2 soulstones since you need an empty one for swapping skills. But that one might be used by other chars, too.)

I am going with:
    120 blacksmith
    120 tailoring
    120 imbuing
    100 armslore
    100 tinkering
    100 carpentry
    100 fletching
    80 magery + music
    One of the legendary skills is always resting on a soulstone. Music needs to be high enough that you can boost it up to 45 with items to craft music instruments. (In my case i have a +20 ring, +20 bracelet and a singing axe.)

Depending on what else you consider crafting, I additionally have a fisher with cooking, alchemy and inscription and a dexxer for ore elemental hunting with mining and lumberjacking. (Poisoning would fit better for my fisher than inscription, but since I have no other char fitting for inscription, I have to skip on poisoning.)

4. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

you can keep fletching on another char coz you usually needn't lore when crafting bows

DJAd likes this.
  5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have magery on my crafter, just jewelry with Chivalry so he can sacred journey around.

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A pentagram needs 75 magery along with carpentry to craft it. But not that you really need it often ... (Abbatoir needs magery, too, but you probably could boost magery with items high enough for that one.)
    With magery boosted up to 110, it is an easy way to hunt the required reputation for the gargoyle queen to use the queens soulforge. Especially when you do it, while you have room for some meditation/focus on your crafter..

7. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

If you just need to get around rune books work well without magery. I don't really have any crafter mules well maybe my last character is my imbuer
    Imbuing 120
    alchemy 100
    Carpentry 100
    Eval Int 100
    Inscription 100
    Magery 100
    Tinkering 100
    I also have 100 cooking on a stone

most are like my miner smith
    Blacksmith 120
    Mining 100
    Macing 100
    Anatomy 100
    healing 100
    tactics 100
    arms lore 100

8. Duke_Hammerfest

Duke_Hammerfest Adventurer

semi newb question but : does arms lore make a needed difference in crafting nowadays?

9. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You get bonus to resists from arms lore.

10. Ducan IronWeaver

Ducan IronWeaver Lore Master

120 smith
    120 tailor
    120 imbuing
    100 arms lore
    100 tinkering
    100 carpentry
    60 Mage 100 with items

My crafter is the same as DJAd's
    Then I have every other trade skill on a Soul Stone and just do a swap out when needed.

You said you have room to make another mule. So I would go with a template like the above one.
    Then throw the other trade skills cooking, fletching, alchy. ect on a 2nd guy...
    You wont have fletching on your main crafter..But I find that I don't craft many bows now adays since throwing came out...