1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Carpentry] Crafting a Q-staff with 15ep

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Old Vet Back Again, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Old Vet Back Again

Old Vet Back Again Slightly Crazed

Hola!

I am using an ash saw to attempt to craft 15 on a Q-staff. I was already successful with a bokuto, but I was able to select Charmed/Alchemy.

What I have been trying is to just roll the dice and hope it hits without anything selected. I am using 2 charges and getting a wide variety of combinations.

Is it possible, or am I just wasting my time?

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Should be possible, but I'd just think it's quite unlikely. Lets say there's 40 properties (might be low by a few - just picking a reasonable number) - then I'd say you've got at best a 1 in 40 chance to roll any 1 property. Since the saw will give you 2, then maybe you're 1 in 20 that on any given reforge 1 of the properties is EP. If you, sometimes, get EP 10 instead of 15, and only get 15 on 50% of the times you get EP... well now we're back to 1 in 40.

3. Old Vet Back Again

Old Vet Back Again Slightly Crazed

Figured as much, just wanted to make sure that it was possible to achieve and that there wasn't something I was missing. I was worried that they might have implemented 2handed weapons to not be able to achieve EP.