1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lock Picking] Crafting boxes for training...

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by NaughtyChild, Nov 19, 2014.

1. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild Visitor

Hi, buddies!

In all lock picking skill guides written: use boxes for training, made by tinker with skill 30, 50, etc....
    But, as I see in game - boxes can be made only with carpentry tools and tinker skill isnt needed...

Something has changed in the game mechanics and necessary skill has changed to carpentry? Or what's the catch...?

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

When you craft the box it checks against tinkering skill and it will give a message to say your tinker skill is high enough to make the box lockable or something (I forget exactly).

From memory I gained all the way up to 90 or 95 using a GM made box (carpentry and tinker) and just made a macro to just keep using they key on the box.

NaughtyChild likes this.
  3. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

The carpentry skill is used to craft the box with a normal carpentry crafting tool. During the crafting process the Tinkering skill is checked to determine the difficulty level of the lock. All of my training boxes were made with GM carpentry and the same character having the appropriate tinkering skill to the level of the lock required (30, 50, etc.) and they work just fine.

If I remember correctly, this will only get you to 95 lockpicking and then you will either have to use the satyr method or start hitting dungeon chests.

NaughtyChild likes this.
  4. NaughtyChild

NaughtyChild Visitor

Thanks for your answers!
    Now it's clear=)