1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crafting Dragon Barding Armor BUG NON-COLORED Defualts to Iron

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkScripture, Jun 27, 2010.

1. I crafted a set of armor for my dragon. I did not note during the crafting that the NON -COLOR option was set. I crafter the armor and noted the deed light tan and not shadow. The TAG and the Durability are that of IRON. This is a very costly mistake and oversight.

2. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

you know what is bad is that I made 10 of the shadow all non color and have the same issue. oh well.

3. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

on a slightly related note ... i logged on my fencer, and she was riding a swampie with shadow armor, when she hopped off it to feed it, the armor reverted to iron ...

annoying to say the least.

4. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I am sure all of the above posters have reported this as a bug to the proper forum. If not you should.

5. Xanth de Orlig

Which forum would that be?

... been away a while ... and didn't see a 'bugs' forum ...

point me in the right direction and I shall go there fer sure.

6. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Submit any bugs to the email address uobugs at ea dot com.

-Lorax

7. Xanth de Orlig

great, thanks

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Does anyone know why we can't smelt dragon barding?

I have a pile of them and I tried to reclaim some of the ingots but it doesn't work. I'm sure it used to, because I smelted my non-exceptional ones back before I got some ancient smith hammers & decent talismans. Nobody ever bought plain quality.

9. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A side effect of them being smeltable was several other types of deeds being smeltable that shouldn't, including BODs (if i'm remembering right).

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They changed that 2 years ago - around the time of the BOD bonus & Hammer properties in 2008, IIRC. I know it happened a few months after I tested the then-new Salvage bag for ingot return, for one of the FAQs on what is now UO Craftsman (the crafts all had their own individual forums at the time), but before the May 2008 Stratics "Oopsie!".

There was an exploit 7 years ago concerning the ability to smelt some things you weren't supposed to, that apparently re-emerged in 2007-2008, leading to the change.

Of course, now with the changes to the Dragon barding, the normal BODs aren't as bad as they used to be. The bonus is still lower for protecting the rider, but the bonuses that the armor gives to a riderless swampy are only 5% less for normal, as opposed to exceptional. For someone trying to train up their swampy's skills, the normals should still be useful.

11. Jhym

Jhym Guest

Actually it was January 2009 when they turned smelting off.

Up til then I would smelt the occasional non-exceptional I'd find on vendors for the colored ingots, since nobody would price them according to how much the materials cost.

Now I don't bother with them at all, another section of the game relegated to dusty corners of the closet.

12. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm I guess this is not very important to those devs. I sure wish they would QA this before sending to live shards.