1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crafting instruments

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by DJAd, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Can I use jewels with music on them to boost my music to 45 skill to craft instruments, or does it have to be real skill?

2. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

jewels work

DJAd likes this.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jewels work- there's also a few options to look at

If you're an Elf: You need no real skill. You just need Song Woven Mantle (crafted sleeves from ML Recipe), +15 ring, +15 Bracelet, and either a Minstrel Talisman from the library collection or a Singing Axe (another ML recipe craftable).

Other Races: Since you can't use the Mantle sleeves, you either need 5 real skill, or an item that gives 5 more than normal Music (say, a +20 ring or bracelet from the dungeon revamps), or a +10 Music Dryad bow or fishing pole (do either exist?), or the bard version of that mask from Travesty.

kRUXCg7 and DJAd like this.
  4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No music on fishing poles and dryad bows. Sadly. (When you want to test it on TC, you will see that all skills from the musics skill group are excluded on runic crafted fishing poles.)

If you check the wisp in front of Despise regularly, you can find ephemeral jewelry with +20 music on them. Since you will use them only for crafting, those will last forever. I already got a bracelet for my gargish crafter, now I 'only' need a fitting ring. *g* (You can alter the singing axe to a gargish version.)
    Personally I dont like the lib talisman. I prefer a carpentry talisman for better chances on except instruments. Even if you can collect plain wood easily in masses, i dont want to waste too much of them on non-except instruments.

kRUXCg7 likes this.