1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crazy Cora Loot

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cerwin Vega, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I got this brac off cora, anyone get anything good?

New Bitmap Image.jpg

kRUXCg7 and OvenBird like this.
  2. Driven Insane

I've gotten alot of good items off her, but 99% of it is cursed, brittle or cannot be repaired, thus making it complete garbage in my opinion and it goes straight into the unravel pile.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Meh, not garbage for some.

Sure, brittle and cannot be repaired are an annoyance at times but it makes me sad if people discard an item just for being cursed.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Cursed=Garbage. Sorry but I'm not about to use something in-game and change up my suit to use something that I'm going to get lost 100 times a day and may never get back.

Cursed stuff is garbage and so is Brittle, can not be repaired and all that other stuff... I'm not going to spend all my time in-game refarming up pieces of equipment.

Just going to see if it's a relic worthy item and unravel it.... otherwise the rest of that crap no matter what it's mods are remains on the corpse....

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I find most items looted are the heavyest you have..so as for jewlry i would not worry as much..
    But to the peice shown, ive seen alot of that from shame lower lvls..
    It is a ok peice.

6. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I assume you don't play Siege :D

7. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have characters EVERYWHERE....

But I don't care to play Siege that much.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  8. silent death197831

silent death197831 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

im just curious who dies a 100 times a day lol?!?!

9. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I don't die 100 times a day, but once or twice a day if things go bad. It is just too difficult to find an exact replacement of a Shame artifact to justify integrating a cursed one into an insured suit. If I had back-ups, no problem, but that isn't the case.

I tried playing Siege for six months. I used Cursed items there, but it is a totally different mindset on the standard shards with insurance. In fact, for me personally, it was the lack of insurance on Siege that ultimately turned me away from the shard. I worked around the housing issue and certainly don't mind dying, but the potential loss of items was just too much for me. I found myself making semi-good imbued suits without top-notch artifacts on Siege so I could always replace an item. I found I much preferred the journey on the standard shards to acquire and build a truly powerful suit with the best artifacts and items and I wanted to ensure that I didn't lose those items once obtained. But that is just my personal opinion and experience.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  10. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

eh if arena picks up, cursed item would be ok to use in Trammel and not lost it? Not too much to make a suit just for arena.

11. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Cursed isnt so bad just need a minor bakcup to use in case its a little hairy to get back to your body.

12. MalagAste

I don't have all day or all week to play UO to grind all the crap that there is to Grind plus run a guild, RP which is the only real reason I still play UO... build a suit and work up skills on over 50 characters.... I have zero interest in maintaining suits for every one of my characters..... just one more thing I'd have to do... Personally I want to have a suit and use it.... I don't want to have to worry about replacing it after a few days. Much like that epherial crap. Not worth my time... I might spend time farming Cora to get the piece I want ...... because I KNOW it's going to last... however I'm not going to waste what precious game time I do have farming an item that is only going to last a few hours.... to me that's like buying drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.... sure you get a good buzz but after it wears off what do you have?????? NOTHING. Bad health more bills and stress than you need.

So .... Hey if it floats your boat to wear something that you'll just have to replace down the road go for it... as for me I invest in things that last.

kRUXCg7 likes this.