1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crazy murder count debate in the Faction forum

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Podolak, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1281988#post1281988

Hey all,

I am of the belief that short term counts and long term counts burn off together. So once you burn off 5 short terms, you'll burn off one long term. I have experience with this working as I described.

However, there are several others who feel long terms don't burn off until all the shorts are gone. This seems very wrong to me but maybe there characters are glitched.

Any ideas?

2. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, you are correct. I also believe that if you murder another person, it will reset the timer on both the short term and long term you have been working.

3. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

4. Im 100% that your long term's dont burn till your short term's are gone, i just remember not burning any long term's till my short term's were gone.
    I could be wrong but it was only a month ago that i was turning my red back to blue
    :sword:

5. They burn at the same time.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They should really just remove the whole short-term long-term system and just go with "murder count."

The only reason we had short-term and long-term was because of the whole stat-loss system that is no longer in place. To be able to res back then without losing any skills or stats you had to have less than 5 short-term counts.

But since we don't even have stat-loss for murderers anymore why not just dump the whole system and stick with "murder counts" instead of having both?

7. Xclio

Xclio Guest

They burn at the same time but the moment you kill someone the timer restarts on both the long term and the short term count.

8. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Actually you just had to have four or less to not take stat loss when that system was in place.

In fact I remember a time when it didn't tell you how many counts you had. It was just blue or gray text (I can't remember) that said one thing if you were under five and red text that said something about having retribution taken upon you if you were above five and going to take stat loss.

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh yeah. Been a while, hehe.

10. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thankfully my friend, thankfully!

11. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

100% agree