1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Create your own artifacts

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shelleybean, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just for fun, what artifacts would you create? :) I have some random ideas:
    sandals 10% SSI, +8 dex
    sandals 10% SDI, +8 int
    talisman fey slayer, 10% HCI, 20% DI
    instrument - fey slayer flute of renewal
    leather arms 15% DI, 200 luck, +10 stamina, 12% all resists
    leather gloves 15% SDI, 200 luck, 20% LRC, 12% all resists
    talisman 25% DI, 300 luck, HCI 5%
    talisman 25% SDI, 300 luck, LMC
    reading glasses 300 luck, HLA 30%, 1o% all resists, +10 HP
    human & elf earrings/gargoyle wing armor - 200 luck
    sash - 200 luck, night sight, fast cast 1
    full apron - success rate 30% /exceptional rate 30% in random craft skill

2. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

100% Lrc Earrings

Eaerendil and DJAd like this.
  3. Sauteed Onion

I would make a staff that requires magery just to hold, like 80 magery at the minimum (real skill not jewelery augmented), that 50% of the time hits everything with paralyze in a radius of 5 tiles, that can receive 2 imbuing augmentations on top of it. Just 2. Meow.

And to those who are like Whoa that's too OP, well, in the fantasy spin on the term Artifacts, they are rare and powerful, and not to be trifled with. Meow.

4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I'd bring in the ring of reagents from Ultima VII Part Two: Serpent Isle.
    It's obviously a 100% LRC ring.

Also, the all might Hoe of Destruction from Ultima VII: The Black Gate.
    But I don't know the stats for that one.

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nah A tallie with max everything on it. All skills, resists, regens, leaches, etc. That way everyone can walk around naked and never have to worry about anything. And +1000000 points for all stats

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  6. Sauteed Onion

Perhaps make a flute or other musical instrument with 1000 charges that can do what satyrs do to people.. make you take off a few pieces of your armor.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I'd make a staff that would have a random chance, upon a hit, to create a fire field. I'd call it the "Staff of Pyros," and I'd introduce them during the destruction of a town via demons called "Light Daemons." However, upon release, I'd hold back on the functionality, and then eventually no one would use two handed mage weapons anyway so they'd only be useful for turn-in points. I'd probably never approach the item again as far as making it functional and go on to make a race of Gargoyles who can't sit down without losing sync between the client and the server.

8. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Gargoyle wing armor with arrow catcher.

Lady Bleez and Sauteed Onion like this.
  9. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd definitely make more arms, There's not many good ones with uppity resists if i remember right. More aprons/sashes/boots too. Omni-racial.

Obsidian likes this.
  10. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I would bring a book of wisdom that effects the Virtues.

We all talk about skills and such but what about something that effect the true course of the Avatar?

11. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage

A easy button of insta death for chat trolls in game...

12. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I think it would be cool to see an artifact drop that is blank to start with. In my imagination it could spawn as any weapon type but would always carry the artifact name. Then, its properties would be some behind the scenes algorithm based on the: skill combinations, skill levels, fame level, and karma level of the first person to equip it. Then it would be up to players to try and discover the "method to the maddness" in order to get the mods they want. Just for a little fun, the devs could throw in some completely off the wall relationship to both mods and intensity level.... Who knew that a glorious lord with GM herding would give property XXX, and so on.

You would have the potential to create some very unique and powerful weapons, possibly never getting the exact same thing twice. Certainly the same concept could be applied to jewelry or armor as well.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  13. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Would love to make a 1 hand fencing weapon that can whirlwind.

Perhaps a Radiant Scimitar with:

Use Best Weapon Skill
    30 Swing Speed Increase
    40 Hit Health Leech
    40 Hit Mana Leech
    15 Hit Chance Increase
    40 Damage Increase

I could make something very close to this but i always have to sacrifice to fit UBWS in there.

Or even better yet, just create a 1 handed fencing weapon that can whirlwind...I'll do the rest ;)

Eaerendil likes this.
  14. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

15. Sauteed Onion

I dunno, I'm not much of a troll at all, but I have noticed some trolling is good, or even helpful, but there is the higher breed of trolling I like to consider over-trolling. And I feel that your artifact should be geared to the overtroll.. who is not funny OR helpful.

16. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

17. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

The Glass Sword from U7: One Hit, every enemy dead instantly. Regardless of HP. HAHAH! And the Ring of Invisibility from U7: Moving in Stealth Mode without those skills. Nice!

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not sure I could come up with an arti that someone wouldn't complain was over powered
    But I'd like 'fey' to be added to the list of imbuable slayers and I'd like to be able to imbue GM instruments with a slayer property.

King_Fisher, Mirt, Sevin0oo0 and 2 others like this.
  19. Sauteed Onion

I been thinking that since imbuing came out meow.

Mirt likes this.
  20. Sauteed Onion

Oooooo.. Make a wand that requires cooking skill to wield, with recharging uses, but what it does is put cookies in an opponents back pack. Can you imagine chasing down a cook and he or she starts zapping you with cookies to the point you are over encumbered? Talk about a food fight!

Zonrath, Espilce, OvenBird and 5 others like this.
  21. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

anything on the kilt/skirt or shirt/fancy shirt slot.

Mirt likes this.
  22. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master

Stylish Dress
    +10 Stealth

Mirt likes this.
  23. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

If it was truly stylish,wouldn't it attract attention instead? :)

DJAd and Sauteed Onion like this.
  24. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It would look so much better then a robe on the ladies though.

25. Sauteed Onion

Hehe didn't realize so many people liked cookies!

26. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This!

We need more artifact arms options. I'm also for imbuing clothing (cloak, robe, sash and talisman slots) with up to 50 imbuing weight for mid-range alternatives to the Conjurer's Garb, Tangle, Crimson Cincture, etc.

Shelleybean, Espilce and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  27. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Also, I've always wanted to see this variation of the Conjurer's Trinket:

Demon Hunter's Bauble (Talisman)
    Demon Slayer
    HPR 2
    STR 1
    HCI 10
    DI 20

Shelleybean and funkymonkey like this.
  28. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would like to be able to luck to a dress, I'm tired of running in a robe to get the 95 luck from robe of Equinox.
    It's sad we do have alot clothes we can craft but they are useless even for a newbie.
    I would like to some resist on pants/skirts as you can't use them together with armor leggins/skirt.
    Robes, dress, shirts ect would be nice with some choice of mod, luck, nightsight and some basis resists for newbies. the resist should not stack vith resists from armor tunic.

29. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Several have been calling for this, but I think it clashes with their New Player Experience. Case in point, not sure what skills I custom picked for a new garg on TC, but it got 0 AR, might as well be nude, figured they wanted to introduce me to dieing.

30. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to see a new artifact named "mimic." It would copy all the properties of one of your equipped suit pieces, have durability matching the max durability on that copied item, be brittle, and have one extra property not normally found on that slot. As an example, let's say it copies a pair of leather sleeves with some set of resists, 8LMC, 8SI, 8MI, and 5HPI, and 147/185 durability left. The mimic could then have 185 durability, 8LMC, 8SI, 8MI, 5HPI, the same resists, and 10 SSI.

The goal would be to encourage people to participate in PVM or whatever system is used to generate the artifact. It would be an item that could be immediately used in their suit at no detriment. Because it could not have PoF applied, it would eventually wear out.

The downside is people would likely want to use armor / jewelry instead of selling them...but not every artifact needs to sit on a Luna vendor.

Shelleybean likes this.
  31. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Bad...... don't like that at all... I hate and refuse to use that junk.... anything that is going to break has limited use is cursed whatever isn't worth my time. I'm not building a suit around crap I have to keep farming to replace.. I want to play the game and enjoy it not farm and constantly have to work... and GRIND. Fed up with grinding.... I want to play.

I'd rather spend more time crafting than working. I would rather spend time with my friends hunting, RPing, PvPing... and taming, fisihing, THunting and such... I do not want to sift freaking sand, drag 100's of roiters around with a rope.... or endlessly turn in item after item after item for the things I need.

Don't you all ever feel sorry for guildleaders and such who try to not only keep people interested in doing things but they are constantly having to "help" folk..... get items find items make items and all outfitting folk again and again and again....

I have well over 50 characters.... you have any idea how much armor that is????? How many suits I've built and need to maintain????

*shakes head*....

Sevin0oo0 and Sauteed Onion like this.
  32. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

A glass sword lol

33. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The glass sword first made its appearance in Ultima V if I remember correctly (was the only way to kill the shadow lords at the beginning).

Anyway....

Spell Books- colored for each of the damage types- could make it a staff as well - or wands
    LRC 15
    LMC 8
    MR 3
    SDI 10
    Magery +10
    Changes spell damage type to 100% of elemental type (fire/cold/poison/energy)

Shelleybean likes this.
  34. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I still had some glass daggers from the invasion. I turned em in for clean up.

35. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

the thong of fortitude. +20 strength, +20 agility, - 50 intelligence
    I WIN> :))

36. Espilce

Espilce Guest

An ethereal robe retouching tool with three settings: Normal, ethereal, and invisible.

The invisibility setting makes the cloak invisible, so you can see your clothes/armor underneath.
    Ethereal would make the cloak semi-transparent.

Eaerendil likes this.
  37. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

British's Serpent Necklace
    Opens a moongate to castle in Brit
    Night Sight

Sandalwood Box
    Blessed Container that will only open for it's owner
    Limited capacity 25 items / 100 stones

Orb of the Moons
    Saying the Mantra of a Virtue will transport you to the Moongate of that City's Virtue.

Virtue Stones
    Allows to user to cast the Mark spell.

Shield of Virtue
    +1 in each elemental resist for each level of virtue (ie- Knight of Valor would be +3, Knight of Valor and Honor would be +6)
    +1 in each stamia, mana, hp regen for each Knight
    ect... (rough idea)

38. garillo

garillo Journeyman

Full Apron

+10% gold find from monsters
    5SSI
    3% chance on hit to summon Saint of Killer's gargoyle thrower guardian to fight by your side for 30seconds

Kilt

Damage from melee attacks reduced 5%
    5% chance to proc magic reflect
    +10 HPI

39. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You know it occurs to me, at this late date, they could have brought a lot of people to the old dungeons just by figuring out a random property generator for non armor gear and making those things drop in classic dungeons only. You know old school style but without charges, or heck maybe with charges: cloaks, shoes, sashes, earrings, robes, aprons and kilts. That would have been plenty darn popular.

Mirt likes this.
  40. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I like artifacts that are combat based, but I'd love to see more just 'fun' artifacts as well that don't have stats. Necklaces associated with each virtue that will teleport you once a day to that shrine, a belt of gender transformation *giggle*, etc.

41. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

This would not really fit into being a true "artifact" but it would be artifact quality. When skinning bulls or harts,there would be something like a 1-3% chance to get a special rib that could be looted. This special rib would be added to the sauces/spices bought from the sea market to make the tasty treat for players. Tamer pets get them,it is time for players to get them as well.

[​IMG]

Mirt likes this.
  42. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd like to see more artifact level Talismans - Conjurer's was pretty special, AND universally useful

Mirt likes this.
  43. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

TBH,I'd like to see more mods that can be imbued onto shields. The options for shields are rather thin by comparison.Not really an artifact request...jus' sayin'.

Sevin0oo0 and Mirt like this.
  44. Rothen

Rothen Guest

There are a few things I would like to see on Ultima, but they not need be artifacts. I'd like to see a one-handed axe weapon, for instance. What fool uses two hands to swing a hatchet anywho? Second thing is, I like the ankh. It looks really cool on my Pally. The little necklace one you get from fightining in the dungeons. Why can rings and bracelets be imbued but not the ankh? And lastly, tinkers should be able to craft talismans, or at least imbuers should be able to alter simple ones. We have a great base here and it is time to look at what made this a awesome game instead of trying to alter UO into a cheaper version of a newer MMO.

45. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Shield
    Self Repair 10
    Stamina Regeneration 6
    Spell Channeling
    Faster Casting 1
    LMC 10%
    HCI 15%
    DCI 10%
    10/5/5/5/5

Obsidian, Hunters' Moon and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  46. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Ultimate Craftsman's Talisman
    Blessed
    Tailoring +20
    Blacksmithy Exceptional Bonus 30%
    Tailoring Exceptional Bonus 30%
    Fletching Exceptional Bonus 30%
    Tinkering Exceptional Bonus 30%

Where the +20 Tailoring counts like an ASH Hammer does for blacksmithing. It exceeds the skill-cap.

This one's probably way over the top, buy hey, isn't that what artifacts are supposed to be?

47. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

With some uses on it this could work great.

48. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Leggings of the magi
    1 fc
    15% lrc
    7% lmc
    5% sdi
    4 mr
    5/10/15/10/20

Lord British Gauntlets of Honor
    +15 chivalry
    +15 tactics
    8 Stam Increase
    5 dex bonus
    -10 int
    20/10/15/15/8

...get a few story lines goin maybe

49. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Thong of Schlong?

50. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Make the "Dread Flute" obtained from Dreadhorn have "Fey Slayer" on it.
    Artifact Wand that has -10 Mage Wep/SC/FC 1/40% SSI/50% Hit Lighting and has 500 Charges of Lightning, which can be cast instantly without the usual casting time, but has a 5-10 sec cooldown between uses.