1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Creating a new archery will build work?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Greyrigg, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Greyrigg

Greyrigg Adventurer

I am creating a new archer on Europa if anyone can help me in game and was wondering if this temple would work?.

Archery 120
    Tactics 100
    Anatomy 100
    Chivalry 100
    Music 120
    Disco 120
    Healing 80

What would i be able to hunt and any info on equipment and weapons would be helpful.
    also wondering rough cost of make some half decent slayer bows dont have to be uber just good enough to do decent damage?

#1 Greyrigg, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Looks like this adds up to 740.

You *only* need the 120 music/disco at the time you're using the disco skill, so have one set that gives you 120 tact/anat and the other that gives you the 120 music/disco.

By sacrificing 20 tact and 20 anat you're leaving a lot of damage on the table, 23% I believe. If you disco a creature with 160 difficulty, and lets be honest not much with <160 difficulty is really worth the trouble, it only takes a 15% debuff to it's resists etc.

3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Remember that you have the new turn in talismans, one that offers 10 anat and other that offers 10 tactics.
    It is worthwhile considering them for the 5 HCI, 20 DI and 2 stam regen as well.

DJAd likes this.
  4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Totally agree here. I use these on my archer and sampire.

5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Also, a few things worth of note.
    If you have a despicable quiver, you can free 5 points by running 115 real archery instead of 120. And you will want a despicable quiver for the 5 dex, 5 hci, 10 resists it offers.
    Unless you're running masteries, there is no real point in having 120 real skill in music and disco. I'd go with 90 in one of them and have 30 points in the jewels.
    With that you'll have at least extra 35 points to spare. I'd spend 10 points to go with 110 tactics and use the 10 tactics talisman. And I would probably raise chiv to 120 for getting more out of Enemy of One.

Also, you don't have any combination of skills that gives you special attacks mana reduction. I'd replace the 80 healing with 80 bushido for at least a 5 mana cost reduction.
    And run studded armour for the 55 LMC cap and if possible, refine them to all 75s at the cost of DCI that you will have little to no use for.

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

And use Yumi for double shot.