1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Crimson Cincture vs. Tangle

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zalan, May 14, 2011.

Which do you prefer?

Poll closed May 21, 2011.
  1. Crimson Cincture

24 vote(s)
  2. Tangle

16 vote(s)
  1. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jul 13, 2005
    Which do you prefer Crimson Cincture or Tangle?
  2. canary

canary Guest

Crimson, easily.

Tangle looks pretty and all with its 10 INT, DCI and MR... but lets face facts. If you play a magic oriented character you probably already have tons on your suit. And 10 extra hit points from the Crimson can be a lot when engaged in combat.

Without Tangle, I have 13 MR, 30 DCI, 120 med and focus, 175 mana and 135 hp (human character, that's without holding a shield or spellbook). Given the diminishing returns of MR, it just seems to be a better bet with a Crimson.
  3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    Usually Crimson. Hpi has more imbue weight, weight that you want to be open on your suit for other things. Mana regen is very easy to get now. The only reason to use a tangle is for the dci, especially if your going for hld proof.
  4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    My only Tangle, I use on my Bard/Tamer, who has no room for med in his template, and little room for MR on his suit.

Everything else, I'd want a CC for, though currently I've only got 2 of those.
  5. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Tangle easily for almost every char I can come up with.
  6. Wizal the Fox

Stratics Veteran

Jul 18, 2005
    Clearly the Crimson has more imbuing weigth (388.75 vs 274.166). Even if you don't account the HPR it is still a bit better, so should always be used except if you are already at +HP cap.

The main advantage of Tangle is that it has more Primary Stats (10 Int vs 5 Dex), which is not imbuable on armor, but in practice you'll need Slither to make it work, so it becomes a way more expensive option.
  7. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 16, 2010
    Depends on the character and the suit that I need for the character.
  8. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 20, 2010

tangle for my dexxer
  9. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 30, 2006
    My mage runs 17 hr and 19mr. hr is capped at 18. mr caps at 30 but after 18-20 mr youd have to hit 30 to see a difference.

dci is easy to get on off peices so no need for it on your belt. the 10 int is nice but at 125int with bless and boots and sash you will be at your 150 cap.

basically the 10 hp increase is the sweet spot as that would take up 1 whole mod on 2 peices of armor, this allows you to put 2 3 or 4 hpi on all your pieces allowing you to max out 4 other mods per peice. or just putting 5hpi on 3 peices instead of 5hpi on 5 pieces.

I run faction characters so my crimmys get 10dex instead of 5. With that said i prefer the crimmy over the tangle for any type of character.