1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristalline Blackrock, collected by both sides, why?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I'm looking for input here. Cristalline Blackrock, is this the same or similar to the Blackrock pillars in the Lost Lands, the construction that we destroyed in the Terranthan Keep, the dome that was created in Trinsic?

If this is the same material, or even if it's something different, it may have powers of planar travel.

The pillar construction in the Terranthan Keep seemed like someone was trying to open a portal of some sort. Was it the Terranthans, and the Ophidians surrounded it to prevent that portal from opening? Or was it the Ophidians trying to open a portal? Or was there some other purpose for it?

What other things have happened that might be related? Consider portals, moongates, and blackrock in all it's forms.
  2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Blackrock tends to be used for "really powerful magic thingies" where the function of it can be, basically whatever the heck is needed.
  3. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I'm not following you. heh
  4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Blackrock does whatever the author wants it to do.
  5. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I understood you. My comment was just a joke on simplistic thinking, like what you are referring to.

But while they make some mistakes on the details of Ultima, and while some of the Devs in the past have been outright against such things, I think mostly they try to adhere to some depth in it all.
  6. BeefSupreme

BeefSupreme Guest

Blackrock is the nitro methane.
  7. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Ha! I had to look that up, but yes indeed it seems to be. Good one. :)
  8. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Ok, Crystalline Blackrock in Imbuing is used for "plus skill".
    Blackrock Crystal pillars, in the Lost Lands event called "the Motherload", allowed players to gain skills faster when in the area.
    At roughly the same times, and involving the same event tree, Blackrock crystal pillars rose out of the ground in the Lost Lands and the beefed up Ophidians warred with Britannia (Ricardo's doing).

So, Crystalline Blackrock seems, at least in one usage, to give greater power/skill gain.
  9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    Man... We miss those pillars on Siege. Good times.
  10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

11. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Anything in particular you want to point out?
  12. Still haven't heard anything about the effect blackrock stew has on dragon farts...:lol:
  13. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Just keep your torches away from them.
  14. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 1, 2008
    well from what ive gathered info wise, the ophids have discovered the Motherlode Vein of Crystalline Blackrock (think of CB as Diamonds and normal blackrock as Coal) The Bane want control of the vein so they can have its power, for possibly evil purposes. The Ophids would rather destroy the CB then let it fall into the wrong hands so they developed the Shattering Potion to destroy any stolen CB.
  15. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I think that's a pretty good take on it. There may be more, hard to say yet.
    Crystalline Blackrock, as I mentioned in the first post, may have planar properties. If it's the same form as the gem-like stuff, it definitely does.

Also, you mentioned the potions destroying the Crystalline Blackrock, that's interesting. Or it may be useful in destroying something made from the stuff. Or could be other breaking type of uses. Good to keep this in mind.