1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Critique on Mage Myst template

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Lefty, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, but I am wanting a well balanced mage type template decent enough to pvp and pvm on. So I was thinking of this. It probably needs tweaking.

120 Magery
    120 Eval
    120 Resist
    100 focus
    100 Myst
    100 Anat
    60 Chiv

Option to use a SC Mage Wep with EoO or Use Spellbooks.

I never played with Myst that much so I do not know its effectiveness any suggestions are welcome.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I would raise mysticism to at least 115, if not 120. Rising colossus is one of the major perks of mystics. With GM mystic, you might have a hard time summoning these.

Also, keep in mind that your focus skill will determine the damage output from mystic, so wouldn't hurt to raise to 120.

Finally, I tend to use mage weapon when fighting smaller spawn that is likely to hit me. I switch to a book for mini bosses, champs, and peerless, which I try to prevent from hitting me. If you use my strategy, you could save yourself some skill points by dropping anat. Just use weapon when getting hit, book when not getting hit.

3. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the input. It will be a while till I can get the scrolls, but I am working on it.