1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Critique this Whammy Ninja template for PvM....

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by ultima77, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

As a warning, I have no experience with ninjitsu, so please forgive my ignornace. Would the following template/stategies be feasible?

120 Mace
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    120 Tactics
    100 Ninjitsu
    80 Spirit Speak
    60 Chiv
    40 Necro

This would equal 760 skills, which is probably possible with midnight bracers and the right jewelry. I'll have very high physical resist between Wraith Form, midnight bracers and Mace and Shield glasses, so I could probably squeeze in Protection and Magic Reflection to roundout my resists.

Strategy would be Wraith form with Wind's Edge - Wraith Form + Curse Weapon + Mirror Image + Feint + Parry.

What do you think? Am I missing something, or is this feasible?

2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

3. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

I read that thread. It prompted this template idea. It does not, however, answer much bc the discussion is premised on not having parry, which this template has.

4. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Well my answer is more of the same as before, The mirror images take the focus off of you 90% of the time at 120, so you will be spamming that way to much, but perhaps other things could be usefull, such as focus attack. If you can actually manage to get the right suit and weapons I do not see anything visually wrong with your template aside from the lower SS, which will take your curse weapon from 30 seconds at gm down to 25 seconds at 80, and you will fail a bit if you try to use ss for healing at all but I assume that is not really planned much. Winds edge has feint?

If you are looking at a percent chance to get hit with that template...Let us suppose you are fighting a creature with 120 wrestling (most peerless monsters have lower than this as far as I can remember but for the sake of math we are assuming this)

Start with having mirror image out, that means you have a 1 in 10 chance of being hit. Now if they pass the 20% chance to hit you, they will then have to go through the 50% chance to hit you due to your 120 macing, this bring the percentage down to well it would seem like 14% but that sounds wrong heh, after that they have to pass the parry check that means they have a 70pct chance to hit you, this would make the chance to hit about 10% after all those checks, I do not know how feint works exactly so I can not include it in the math, But it would seem like as long as you could spam feint and mirror image the whole time, you would get hit hardly at all.

5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Again...I have to dare ask in a separate thread. What do you propose to solo with this template?

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's really not that bad, though I think you're doing a bit of overkill with the mirror images. Feint/parry will be enough.

I think the mirrors will hurt you more than help if anything, you'll spend time casting thsoe when you should be LSing.