1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cropses not showing as dead

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rit0690, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Rit0690

Rit0690 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else having problems when you kill something it shows like it's still standing and is hard to loot?

i'm getting this and if i run off screen and come back the corpse shows like it should and loots normally.

i've reinstalled UO and UOA. it's happening on all 3 of my comps and GM' tell me to report to bugs, i have and the way it is makes it hard to do anything for hunting.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, that happends from time to time.

3. Fermi

Fermi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I get this all the time and it is irritating because itmakes it hard for me to target monsters using the target next hostile function. It is biggest pain at champs because there are soo many of them after a few minutes. I can make them go away by logging in and out but then I need to shout out for protection again. It is a pain in the butt.

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

In the EC, the "Corpse" still registers as a live target on the "Target Next" macro. It can be very frustrating.

5. longshanks

longshanks Guest

some of my guild mates had this problem in fire last nite.

send bug report and I'm sure ea staff will get right on top of it.

probably have a fix in by lunch. :thumbup1:

6. [JD]

[JD] Guest

this occasionally used to happen to me every now and then in the EC, but for whatever reason the last day or two the problem has been multiplied and tons of monsters are now shown as 'standing' with no hp. it messes up my target next attacker macro bigtime.

so, it would seem they stealth patched something and it messed it up...

7. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Its a bug related with the Video card i think because when i got this "bug" on my computer, my 2nd account (running in Virtual PC) got the same weird effect of standing monsters.

reboot computer.. fix the problem (oh and... if i reboot the SO on virtual pc, that doesnt fix the problem)

8. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have this happen occasionally and the only thing which works for me is to reboot my comp - the good news is that it always resolves it for me.

9. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

this used to happen to me a lot on both clients with windows xp media center 2005 with an evga 285GTX

Hasn't happened yet that i can recall since i up'd to win7 64.

10. [JD]

[JD] Guest

ive got an evga pcx2.0 gt240 but this only started 2 days ago. weeks after i actually got the card.

11. thenow

thenow Guest

Is that Golum's cropsies dying? Might need more lime in the soil, maybe? Jking, being silly :p

12. Lexfixr

Lexfixr Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Happened to me for a few days but it corrected by walking about 2 screens away and then back so its probably a refresh on video card I ultimately rebooted my computer and problem went away

13. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just do a full reboot of your computer. That used to happen to me when I never shut my computer down. Don't ask my why lol.

14. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Did it to me the other night during a Doom run, and as of right now. Last time I just restarted UO and I didn't see it any more, until now.

15. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have been running EC forever, and am using the same computer. This standing dead thingie just started for me about three days ago. It is very frustrating. Rebooting corrects it, but crossing server boundaries or running off screen does not in my case. The mobs are just standing there, lots of em, and you cannot open their corpse. Cntrl shift does flag them, but double clicking on the flag will do nothing.

16. Rit0690

Rit0690 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

if i go completly off screen and come back they show dead, and i've reinstalled, rebooted and everything and it's not just my main comp it's my netbook, laptop and 2 other systems, running vista, xp home and xp64pro, so it's more or less something i know is UO cuz it started on the last patch we got

17. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, definitely one of the more annoying EC bugs.

18. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Has anyone tried reinstalling their video drivers? It worked for me might work for you.

19. Rit0690

Rit0690 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

well since it's on 4 different systems i doubt it's a video thing cuz all 4 have diff video

20. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ive had this going on, on the CC.