1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cry Me A River

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by old man mcbeggin, May 23, 2009.

1. I was at the event today, and I saw somebody asking one of the EM's to put insurance on siege, I don't know if this person was serious or just joking, I seriously hope they were joking, I played on a prod shard for 85 months and left the game for a year, The only thing that brought me back to UO was the fact that one day, on a different mmorpg I was thinking what it would be like if I could just kill this guy on the spot, Then a light bulb went off in my head and I remembered a certain shard "Siege Perilous" where this dream was a reality. Long story short, I love siege just the way it is, I pray it will remain the way it is... You Smell What I Am Stepping In?

2. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I saw the EM ask the question if we had insurance. I saw the responses we gave. I didn't see anyone say they wanted it. I must have been cropping with pictures then.
    Got a screen shot?? LOL

3. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Hey - it was me talking with the EM when we were talking about insurance. Trust me, I wasn't asking for insurance, no way would I want that on Siege. I was just telling a story of when I was discussing one of the old PBD issues with some non siege players and their response was "why don't we just insure the item".

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If they ever put insurance on THIS shard, they will either be reading protest posts all over UO Hall via me, or loose 4 accts. I still think insurance is the stupidest thing they put into the game. I see nothing wrong with some items being *blessed* like our vet robes or AOS sandals...these are not uber pvp items or worth anything if folks are fighting pvping or whatever.

I came HERE cuz they put insurance into game. I had at that time ONE tailor on Chesapeake and found that the thigh boots I was selling on a vendor for 110gp a pair were suddenly becoming *INSURED* by players there. They liked the gm mark and didn't want to LOOSE the boots. UM DOH ?

It cost em more to insure the darn gm thigh boots, than to buy another pair off of my or any one else's tailor vendors..no special properties back then even, heck they could BUY em off some npc for that matter to easily replace something as simplistic as THIGH BOOTS. But noooooooooooooo they were even insuring gm tailored thigh boots and I got so fed up I came HERE. So they *lost* that gm mark they were so fond of anyhow, cuz I came HERE. And since they were insuring even my boots, they had no need for me to stick around to make em MORE now, did they ?

I know folks that actually have gone broke insuring every darn fool thing they had and reinsuring etc. till they were losing their gold in their bank..till they quit UO so paranoid of losing even dorky gm tailored thigh boots insuring EVERYTHING !

When I am playing a chr. on Chesapeake yet at all, cuz I still have fully developed ancient chrs. I am very fond of there... I AM the only one normally in felucca UNINSURED. I know cuz I click on their paper dolls at meetings say in PaxLair or wherever and everyone is insured to the nines or blessed to the 10s ...............and insured some more. There I am the only insane one by some folks standards ......UNINSURED in Felucca there.

If one is that paranoid or afraid to loose something uber then there is one item bless even HERE or leave it at home or in their bank ....period. . or USE IT and risk.................gasp risk losing it.

I HATE INSURANCE primarily from even the crafter concept...cuz they WERE insuring my gm mark thigh boots cuz they did not wish to loose the *mark* like ummmmmmmm cost more to insure the darn boots and I have not quit I CAN make ya more the *mark* isnt going away...well the mark left and came HERE where no one CAN insure any thigh boots my tailors may make here !!!

I am just so ANTI INSURANCE.........ticked me off so darn much it made me come to play HERE...as CRAFTERS on Siege !

Everyone here can kill my chrs. a million times over, no biggie to me, but IF I see that they are INSURING some darn foo boots I made for em HERE,
    it will be my time to exit Siege and UO entirely period, losing any respect I have for any other players playin here be they hard or even soft core Siege players playin here, if I find them, INSURED wanting to insure, on Siege, ever one day !!

Sorry no one single game thing implemented into UO ticks me off MORE I guess than the INSURANCE. Insurance ticks me off even more so than, the creation of Trammel. . where they could remain and stay *uninsured* and not really loose much at all. So to me trammel WAS/IS their insurance without putting IN Insurance.

Sooo in case ya have not gathered ...I HATE INSURANCE STILL.

* gets off the soap box, ends long rant*

5. Good to know you feel the same way I do!

6. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Whats your original server your from?If it's Atlantic message me.

7. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Who was that to? Oldmanmcbeggin? Cause my original server was Atlantic and I still Play there from time to time.

8. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Mcbeggin...

9. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*stares*

Figures, they look at all the shards at the same time and think they are the same.

Yahaxithonix

10. I played Great Lakes