1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

cry me a tamer

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by old man mcbeggin, Jul 2, 2009.

1. I am tired of hearing people cry about tamers in pvp it takes just as much skill as double clicking and doing the click and chase it is just as fair as a spellweaver using pixies or a mage summoning a daemon. You can dispel summons just as easy as you could peace or disco a tamer. The fact is no temp is better than any other and if you think about it a tamer is easier to kill than a dexxer if you get around the pet you win.m so please quit crying about tamers in pvp

2. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Tamers are definately pretty lame for pvp...Atm im using mine just because i have been running into other tamers that are very hard to kill without your own pets. But really man taming is very lame for pvp and really does not take all that much skill. But yes people will always cry about something in pvp and not anything we can fix :)

3. Calyip

Calyip Guest

You are really stupid, and here is why:

-Deamons will die in about 2-3 spells, dragons have 800+ HP. If a person has magery on their template, they are probably a viable PvP setup. If they have peace/music, they probably are not.
    -Even dex monkeys have to use specials, bandies, etc. Dragons just drop 60dmg fire breath on you.
    -Tamer is not easier to kill than a dexer, and here is why: If a tamer just keeps his dragon close to him, the attacker is getting eaten up for 40dmg every second or two, on top of spells, and fire breath. I've been hit for 120 dmg in 5 seconds by a dragon before.

You're over looking the fact that dragons are not only great killers, but very hard to kill. I'm guessing you're just a tamer who is bad at PvP on a tamer and died, but in reality ANYONE who is bad on a template will die.

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am tired of cooks killing me.

5. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, but you never going to win this post!

Just yesterday on Atlantic on the Felucca side, my friend went to a vendor
    mall (TRAP); he knows it now!; and got jumped by three tamed Greater Dragons.
    My friend spent a couple hours picking up the runes on the Trammel
    side.

This is not Pvping... it just a kill zone.

I am not delusional about my chances of doing PvP against the single
    Stealthing tamer with a dragon. Escape is the only option, or being rezzed at a shrine.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

6. i think fom what i gather..he didnt plan on winning or loosing a debate..he basicly sayn..cry me a river...

7. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

this whole thing sounds like a troll how bout we not. unless its bout cooks.....

8. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but peace/disco a Greater Drag requires very high skills even after Drag is tamed.

And Dispel requires Magery or Hit Dispel, Peace/Disco require at least 2 Skills at 120.

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

Very true, even a legendary bard has problems with them.

The OP is a troll and a pretty bad one. Tamers are the worst thing to happen in pvp and one of the many factors killing pvp.

mage pvp is completely different and requires a level of skill exponentally greater.

If it takes the same amount of skill to play everything then why is it everyone who plays a tamer comes to boards saying that? If its no big difference then why do all pvp noobs play tamers and cry about people calling foul?

I dunno...maybe because its totally newbified?

10. Calyip

Calyip Guest

The real problem is ninjitsu. Easily the most overpowered thing ever added to the game.

-Causes instant invisibility
    -Allows one to move at mounted speed
    -Creates additional damages through attacks

And sure you can say "Just use detect hidden!" but what benefits do those 100 points have?
    -Detecting a person 1/10 times.

The problem is people can dump all of their points into totally offensive templates, like the bush/ninja bok kids, or the ninja tamers with HPR, with no risk of having no defensive capabilities, because they can hit a smoke bomb, and if they are revealed, well they're in wolf form and hauling ass until the smoke bomb timer comes along again. I've fought against hally+fs mages, LJers, Lance/necros, Holylight/DP spammers, etc, every OP template out there, but nothing compares to ninjitsu.

11. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I dont even know what to say?

Im actually dumbfounded,

IT TAKES JUST AS MUCH SKILL TO RUN A FIREBREATHING DRAGON (60-120) WITH 800 HP AND 40-60 Damage in Two Seconds From Its Wrestling.......................ROFLMAO

all I can say is WOW!!!!
    JUST WOW!!!!

12. The fact still stands, if your stupid enough to try and take on the drag... you deserve to die. my whole point was that everyone acts like tamers are bullet proof when in fact... if you know how to pvp they can go down pretty easy. Everyone on this thread just basicly admits they can't own a tamer.

13. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

:loser:

:coco::coco::coco:

14. So your telling me playing a dexxer takes more skill... let me see you double click a target then possibly hit a key or two..... when you sick a pet on someone it stays on them.... if you had friends and were a smart guy... you would lead the drag off and have your buddy kill the tamer..

15. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

So by this statement now I highlighted in red, we are now taking this from a one person vrs a tammer with a dragon.....to a two or three person fight against a tamer and Dragon? so now its a group fight???

You have just stated now that it takes a group to kill a tamer with a dragon,,,,Sure....that makes it real do-able...

But please man! dont sit there and test everyone's intelligence by stating its hard to play a tammer with a super Drag vrs a dexer or mage template...

Isnt even in the same Ballpark!!!

P.S. As a sidebar...a piece of advice....by your posts on this topic, your really kind of showing everyone how underdeveloped you are in the pvp knowledge base....and its not looking real good for ya....If I were you, I would drop this quick, before it gets real ugly for ya....just FYI bro thats all

16. Calyip

Calyip Guest

Me and Speedy both played this shard on his account, and were top PvPers. I'll flat out admit I couldn't kill most tamers, and the only time he managed to was with strangle, corpse, FS, OMEN, PS. Here is proof tamers are OP: Put anyone on a tamer, and they are competitive.

17. A good mage could own a tamer with a super drag no prob.. so it is the same ballpark

18. Calyip

Calyip Guest

No. You don't understand PvP. You could put me on a tamer, equipped in GM gear, and I will beat, or at least never die to a mage in full faction gear.

19. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Never Mind......I tried.........

20. So as I sit here and read all your replies, I get the point that most of you can't handle tamers in pvp, and if you read the original post this point still stands... if you get around the pet... YOU WIN.... it's easy as that. I have been on this shard for a little over two months, i have never heard so much crying in my whole 8 yrs of playing uo. You can judge my pvp skills all you want from the basis of jack crap, i have shown you nothing of my pvp knowledge but as soon as my pvp char is done, i will kill tamers, i will kill mages, i will kill whatever i feel like. The whole point of this post was.. QUIT CRYING...

p.s. old man is not my pvp char, atleast you can smile about that

21. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oh ya, you can own the pets if you have the right templit.
    My cousin plays on prodo shard & pvp's the tamers
    in fel on a Bard templit he has made. First thing he does
    is disco all the pets, in which most times the pets get so
    confused they unbond and then he kills their Dread Mare or GD's easy.

22. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If I am playing my pvp tamer it is bullet proof.... And the only way you will kill me on a tamer is if you have about 5 more people with you... And even then I will probably kill half of you a few times...

23. Black magick

Black magick Guest

LOL you sir, are clearly delusional.

24. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Im horrible on a tamer. I dont like to use tamers. But this template would be bulletproof

115 mage
    120 tame
    120 lore
    115 vet (changeable)
    100 hide
    75 stealth
    75 ninja

Use animal form, stealth. Spam all kill, roll mouse wheel for last target. In animal form, you can run just as good as anyone. smokebomb. Heal via magery. stleah away, use stars or darts to poison target. You should never die. Use pet as offence, and play defence in gank situation. Keep drag close, and ur money.

Thats gonna be the issue with gargs. If they are allowed to fly while having a GD. Tamers are gonna use them. Even for PvM. Saves Ninja points if all you want is movement speed.

25. archite666

archite666 Guest

yeah seriously, heres the facts your not getting.

-You say owning a tamer is easy, which is funny as your like the 100th person to try and argue this point while playing a tamer

-The fact that you think its easy is because you don't know how to play one properly, and were not dumb enough to explain to you how to play the already gimped template

-Anyone in any of a whose who of pvp guilds can play a tamer and will NEVER EVER DIE 1v1, I DARE to say 1v3 unless you have the 3 perfect chars to deal with him. On prodo thats not a problem, on siege no one wants to run one character to counter one type of character, we kind of want to fight all types of characters.

-What elmer is trying to tell you is good advice, by saying its not hard to kill you on a tamer, would be like me telling everyone how easy it is to kill me with a rock when I have a machine gun, everyone KNOWS a machine gun is over kill (thats not being debated, even the the nonpvpers know tamers are over kill) and so the only thing I would be saying is that I have no idea how to use a machinegun/am a moron.

Seriously, on a dexxer or mage, you will never kill anyone without timing or skill in general.

If a dexxer just trys all his specials on me at once (which I'm sure you think this is what they do) I simply caste the Gheal and heal all the damage he did for a fraction of the mana.

If a mage I just try to Explo,FS over and over, my opponent will simply fizzle me and probably kill me.

You see, you think its easy because your blind to the skill level it takes, you have no idea the timing and practice it takes to actually kill someone worth their salt. Which is why you probably decided to play the tamer in the first place. Once again your like the 1000th noob who couldn't figure out why they suck at a normal character and decided to play a tamer. Your nothing new buddy, been dealing with tamers for i dunno.... 4 years now? Your bringing up the "tamers are fair!" thing is like someone bringing up the OJ case. Its cliche. Drop it.

In closing,

Those who can't do, teach.
    Those who can't pvp, tame.

26. Calyip

Calyip Guest

120 Tame
    120 Lore
    100 Magery
    120 Ninja
    100 Hide
    75 stealth
    85 Vet

Crystaline ring, Orny, HPR armor, wolf form, mage wand with GH charges. You're not dying.

27. archite666

archite666 Guest

*correction*

I guess we are dumb enough to tell you how to play your template lol

28. ROFL ok buddy, oj was guilty as hell and so are you, your guilty of being the cliche that cries about tamers. I think that week at the beach melted your brain.... but either way your entitled to your opinion. I made a tamer so i could acquire sots and do spawns for my main.... get a grip dude, and stop crying

29. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hm I might bother to respond to some of this, but as you have me confused with someone else.... well... I never have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed. :)

30. Probably very smart on your part, your just the average ****** bag that thinks he is cool by trying to judge somebody he does not even know, Even unarmed i **** you mentaly "buddy"... So go talk your trash to someone that won't cut you down to the size of your penis... hiding in it's hole.... See you soon...

31. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Old man, can you show me a template that will have the same offensive power as a G-Drag, the movement speed of a wolf, and the defence that wolf/bombs/wands will bring, with the stealth potential, and need for next to no gear, aside from maybe the ring. Run GM gear, and still compete?

32. Black magick

Black magick Guest

mentally ...la And you know what they say about the one who talks the most is probably the most lacking? You are the below average idiot, who thinks he knows jack about this game. If you die on a tamer, you suck and should seriously consider a life dedicated to crafting. I mean really, you are obviously doing something wrong here. In 10 years of play, I have NEVER died on a tamer even in pvp, and survey around here seems to say I suck at pvp.

33. HaHa

HaHa Guest

[​IMG]

34. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

All kill makes my pecker hard!

35. Thanks for the spell check numb nuts. you morons are so quick to say someone sucks on this game, when if you read up on all of my posts I was nothing but respectful until assholes have to start bumping they're gum's. All i said was quit crying, and all the titty babies flocked here. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Thanks for making my point. Now if you would be so kind as to remove all your butt plugs and just play the damn game. Thank you.

36. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Maybe its just me but I never seem to have any problems with them, but then again maybe its because i always take them by surprise. *shrugs*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

37. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Aside from the sammy helm and embers, I note you died just after the first pic, pic 4 the victim was afk, pic 5 the victim was running and unequiped, easy kill. ^^ *edit* also, old pics, no greater drags if pic 1 was a greater you would have been dead first.

38. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thats an old pic of Jesus lol. As i have been him for quiet some time now. But ya stealth PKs can get tamers no prob.

39. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Save the unequipped excuse cuz that is one of the many benefits of being a tamer and besides anyone that knows me knows i am called naked nancy cuz Im almost always unequipped so that makes it a fair fight. As far as jesus being afk I will give you that one but Shak knows I hammered his tammer daily while he hunted for his rare colored doggie.

40. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone else miss the days when pets were not bonded and a competent pvper could lead dragons through a gate then dispel leaving the tamer to fend for himself with his mage skills?

The big issue is the stealth/ninja ona a tamer imo. If I am equiped properly (pots, petals, heal wand, bloodwood suit, trap box, regs) I am not going to die on that char unless I have a group of mages going after me. One lone mage will not kill me on that char.

41. archite666

archite666 Guest

lol...

are you familer with jujitsu?

:) :) :)

I don't think any of us have fallen to your level, you seem very bitter. No wonder you play a tamer :)

42. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I said unequiped and running, unequiped is not a good enough excuse I agree, just noting that that particular tamer played to your strength, death strike.

43. Don't act like you don't have a tamer.....

44. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

The old pics are due to the fact that I just returned a week ago from a very long vacation. And yes Shak kiled me a lot of the times for the simple fact i was always naked and I ALWAYS go for the loot after I kill my mark and when you do that with a tamer as good as Shak that instantly resses himself you are taking a huge risk of dieing, but what can I say i like to be rewarded for my kills.

Here is another one of my favorites for the fact that she/he knew how to play their char cuz they always stayed right under their pets so when i get one of these type tamers i like to brag a lil. :)

[​IMG]

45. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

old man you best give this up cause you make no sense to anyone. Tamers are definitely dumb for pvp and your just causing drama with this post. and kinda making yourself look like a :coco:or a:loser:... So give it up with the tamers are just as hard to play as a dexer or any other template...

46. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

save your bs. you didnt hammer my tamer once, you didnt even get more than 2-3 cheap shots on me.

that pic you posted is probably the only time you killed me, and you can even bother to go look up the last time you posted it, i posted a screenshot taken 2-3 secs after it. with me having accepted gift of life standing over your body. but then again that might be your definition of hammering me daily...

that makes it even funnier as the only thing you could ever loot from me was an instrument and random non meddable lrc pieces i picked up to help casting a bit. that much for being rewarded for kills :)

47. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Wow been a while since I seen a post about you, or you post. Hope things are going well for you

48. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

i havent played really in what, 7 or 8 months?

how much gold you put on taking my tamer down without using a tamer yourself?

49. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

ROFL.. God as my witness I threw the word "hammered" in there hoping to get an appearence from you in a day or so but didnt think it would happen this fast! ROFLMAO good to know ur still around. And for the record I hope you dont take credit for self rezzing and killing an almost dead guy, surely not, right? Self rezzing bs should be taken out of the game right along with faction arties.

50. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

hahaha, i saw your icq earlier but couldnt reply as you use some ugly messenger.

was quite funny tho, havent checked stratics out for quite a while and just came in time pretty much for you to post.

ps: i take credit for self rezzing and killing you and not loosing my ****ty lrc pieces. not really fun thoo. the funniest still was when i provoked something onto you, either swoops or paragon cu. in the desert, thats the most fun thing to do. ever. xD