1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Crystal Ball - blessed - Thats it!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Ron Silverbeard, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hi there, me again ;)

From an old stone tower i got this today:

crystalball.JPG

Anyone knows were this comes from? I remember you could loot Crystal Balls back in the past from Liches right? But i cant remember they were blessed...i also searched all the old anniversary items you could get and all of that crystalballs are marked with something...

Txs in advance
    Ron

2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Yes, I do believe these are from Liches.

3. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh btw - i just checke all my Crystal Balls i have, so the 300th anniversary one's that are kinda bugged now (showing text double and/or not even showing the Text Crystal Ball just say blessed as item name) and all the Snow Globes - the one in my pic has this little shiny dot the 300th crystal balls dunnot have - but the snow globes have it - you can compare it yourself - i found another Crystal Ball that just says Crystal Ball but is not blessed...they all weigh 10 Stones...

4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Blessed crystal balls are from glitched snowglobes. As my memory serves me it was after the initial snowglobe launch and when you tried to claim one from the ticket you got a blessed crystal ball (shared graphic) instead. I believe it was year two and the year one tickets caused this glitch when redeemed. The non-blessed version of crystal balls are what was dropped from monsters a very long ago. Personally I'd put the value of the non-blessed at 300-500k and the blessed version about 150k. Hope that helps.

5. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Tys Assia, as usual you know the answer ;)
    I also found the rumor on the weg it might have been a glitch putting a 300th anniversary ball on a vendor causing the text to dissapear and leaving it as Crystal Ball *blessed* only..possible?

6. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

The "weired" Crystal Ball Collection ;)

ball1.JPG ball2.JPG ball3.JPG ball4.JPG ball5.JPG

7. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

To be honest, I never have heard of the 300th anniversary ball glitch causing the same thing. I just remember redeeming a ticket for the initial snowglobes (Britain, etc) and getting a blessed crystal ball. As I recall it was after the second set of holiday globes was released. It was pretty popular poor man's alternative to the singing ball as it was slightly different than the monster loot version (blessed with dot). It used to be animated like a snowglobe too when locked down, but not sure if it still is. You might find someone willing to pay more than what I quoted if they know the difference and the history. Good luck. :)

P.S. I am far from having all the answers... I'm just an' old dragon who has been around for a long time. *grins*

8. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am going to lock them all down lets see whats happening ;)
    And, i am not selling anything anyway, i HORD stuff thats my fun of the game tehehe
    Txs my old Dragonlady *hides behind a stone* ;)

#8 Ron Silverbeard, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  9. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

The first ball "simply" Blessed was a glitched version of the Mondain Q&A ball, much like the one to its right, but they were "glitched" at different points of time when placed on vendors. The Q&A Balls were from the 300th anniversary bags which had a bag, wand, coin, hangover cure and ball. Mondain's plate was a complimentary item to that set, but was given out in game separately.

10. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks for testing it. All four balls should be safe to lock down and display. *blows a smoke ring in your direction* Good luck, sir

11. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

The Crystal Ball *blessed* has its dot but does not animate when locked down - what a shame!! ;)