1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crystal Ball of Knowledge and Lockpicking

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Lorax_Pacific, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My Crystal Ball of Knowledge says attempting to pick a Miasma Paragon chest is Too Easy, yet every lock pick fails. Also, I think I need to be GM to unlock it right? Why would it say Too Easy?

-Lorax

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As far as I know all paragon chests need to be GM to unlock. Even then you're going to fail alot. I'm assuming that maybe the ball is bugged for that particular item. I've been GM for so long my picker never has a ball on him when opening chests.

3. DLBarbar

DLBarbar Guest

There's something fishy with high level para chests. The high level para chests, while requiring more skill to pick, will not raise your skill as high as the level 3s. I think it was the level 3's. With your crystal ball try a few. You'll see what I'm talking about. What I did, to great success, was take a level 3 and visit the satyr to get GM. Took very little time.

4. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

After patch 67 a character with 96 lockpicking can open paragon chests (I didn't test for the minimum required). It takes a couple tries on the miasma chests. The Crystal Ball of Knowledge said too easy on a troll chest and easy on the miasma chest. Also, I got a skill gain on the third miasma chest and so it looks like I wont have to do the discord method.

-Lorax