1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crystal Portals Broken?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Plant Elemental, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

This happening to anyone else?

I can't seem to get mine to work at all. Even the corrupted portal does not work for me.
    I've had no problems until today and then nothing.

I'd like to see if it's just me or if they really are broken.

2. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If I unlock mine and then lock it down it again - it works exactly once. After that no amount of locking, releasing or replacing will make it work again until after a server reset. Once the server resets I can unlock it, lock it down again, and have it work exactly one time.

3. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

After you lock it down make sure the security is set so everyone can use it.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I found if I raised mine up with the tool it didn't work. Needs to be on the floor.

5. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed it spells Ocllo as "occlo".

They should fix that

6. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

in my last house, it wouldn't work at all when it was locked down at the front of the house. but it worked fine when it was locked down at the way back where no one could see it. that was irritating. in my new house it works fine everywhere.

7. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I have one that does not work at all. I have tried it in fel and tram, raised and lowered, locked and secured, on main accounts and alts, and with all different available security settings. Just plain broken.

I keep planning on calling a GM to check it out, but who has 12 hours to sit and wait just to be told they cannot replace in game items?

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

A few years ago, I think the recommended "fix" for "broken" ethies that wouldn't regenerate their stamina was to put them in your bankbox for an overnight stay. Perhaps that might be worth a try also for the crystal and corrupted crystal portals that are no longer working?

9. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They wouldn't say that unless you for some reason would tell them it's lost or you ask them to replace it. After all, it's not missing just not working.
    Rarely does it actually take 12 hours, if ever. Just think your words through carefully before paging.