1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] crystal shards...

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Sir Morder, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 31, 2004
    i've read that it's possible to get these from lumberjacking trees. I've chopped away from a few hours and not gotten any. I've tried around the royal city and a couple other places and still none. My lumberjacker is a garg too. Was there any truth to this or is the only place the discarded spawn?
  2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

ya u can get them. although i use an elf because of the higher chance to get special resources. usually i get 1 every 15-20 trees. u do have to be gm though
  3. Mark Trail

Mark Trail Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I got crystal shards near Royal City. Is it only in Ter Mur that you get them, or can you get crystal shards in Trammel too?

Saem question for mining, can you get crystalline blackrock in Trammel or Fel?
  4. Gelf

Gelf Guest

only in Tel Mur
  5. shawnee6d

shawnee6d Guest

You have to be in Tel Mur, don't have to be a Gargoyle, nor do you have to be at GM. My elf lumber jack got one within five minutes, but then I didn't get another after at least an hour or more of lumber jacking non-stop. I'm guessing you might get more chances at GM level, which I'm now at, but haven't been back to try (still looking for the illusive rare wood trees that you can only get at GM). In general, I've found that there's a boat load you don't get at all until you hit GM lumber jacking. It'd be interesting to get one of those +5 hatchets to see how that effects chances at rare resources.

By the way, I ran accross a minor (not a gargoyle) whose only reason at all for mining in TelMur was for blackrock. He was GM, elf and said he was getting a fair number of them. So they probalby work the same as crystalls and such.