1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Crystalline Blackrock Mining

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Katrena, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 25, 2006
    I have been trying to mine for Crystalline Blackrock in Ter Mur. I select the mountain spot I want to mine with a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, then double click a Prospectors Tools and select the same spot. I then select the Gargoyle's Pickaxe again and start mining. Out of 400 times using this method, I spawned 2 copper and 1 shadow elemental. All three spawned within the first 10 picks, then nothing after that. I have GM Mining and was wearing +5 Mining gloves.

Is this a normal spawn rate, or did I do something wrong in the way I used the tools?

I couldn't hurt the shadow elemental with EV's or a Greater Dragon, but killed it in 3 hits with my warrior, Why?

I only got 1 Crystalline Blackrock while mining and it did not come from one of the elementals, Is this the average I should expect?

Thanks, Katrena
  2. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 5, 2009
    Sounds about right. Shadow eles are immune to pet and summon damage. As for getting blackrock of the eles, you're chance is highest with Valorite elementals and lowest with DC elementals.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    As for the number of elementals from the picks, you got hosed by the RNG.

Average is 2 eles per pick, though sometimes you can go 3 picks without getting one - or get a bunch from one pick.

My personal records are 5 eles in 9 pick swings (and I never stopped mining, and 3 of the 5 were dead by the time the vein ran out, from my autodefending with an ele slayer), and 11 elementals from just one pick.