1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crystalline Blackrock not dropping on Elementals?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Obsidian, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I've been training up a new warrior recently. My normal practice is to train from 70-100 weapon skill in the Yomatsu Mines on the single Earth Elemental and the single Dull Copper Elemental spawn. The side benefit has been that I usually found about 15-20 pieces of Crystalline Blackrock during the process. During my current training cycle, however, I slaughtered hundreds of DC Elementals, but I found 0 Crystalline Blackrock. Did something change with the DC Elemental spawn? This is all on Atlantic.

Thanks! I'm looking for others to confirm the change or my really bad luck. I think I spent enough time there to get at least one piece. The lack of any concerns me. I hope this wasn't a "bug" that got fixed.

-OBSIDIAN-

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Its bad luck. Lower color Elemental drop Crystaline less then others. You will be better of digging up with Verite and Valorite elementals.

3. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

By chance, have you received any at this spot since Pub 70?

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I never go back to Tokuno mines for Crystalline blackrock since i discovered that you get them a lot faster with digging up and killing high end ore elementals.

This screenshot was taken 5 minutes ago:

[​IMG]

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's a lot more fun, too - especially in Ilshenar.... :drool:

6. Obsidian

Ok, maybe it is just bad luck. Usually I get 15-20 pieces. Doing my normal routine. Getting zero is what concerned me.

7. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I just came here myself wondering the same thing. I just got one after 30 kills though. If it wasn't for the gems, it wouldn't be worth the kills.