1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ctrl-Shift-ing for BoDs

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Sweeney, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

When I want to get BoDs, it's not enough that the npc is visible or shows up under ctrl-shift.. in order to pull up the npc menu I am forced to right-click (close) all of the static items that also show up under ctrl-shift. Only when the npc's ctrl-shift bar is not touching any other ctrl-shift bars am I able to drag their bar.

This is a pet peeve!

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

You can change the Object Handles to filter out certain things. Your choices are:

Dynamic Objects (i.e. everything not part of the scenery)
    Corpses
    NPCs
    NPC Vendors
    Mobiles (players, MPCs, animals, and monsters)

If you're using one of our custom mods, you'll see a small bar with one of those options listed, you can use the contect menu on the bar to swap between the various filters.

Makes things a LOT easier.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

But that will mess with the other aspects of my game yes?

I just want any left-click on any ctrl-shift handle to pull up the appropriate menu.

I know there are work-arounds.. I want a fix.

4. You can use a script macro command to turn on just the NPC Object handles:

script SystemData.Settings.GameOptions.objectHandleFilter = SystemData.Settings.ObjectHandleFilter.eNPCFilter
    script UserSettingsChanged()

then a script to turn object handles back to everything once again:

script SystemData.Settings.GameOptions.objectHandleFilter = SystemData.Settings.ObjectHandleFilter.eDynamicFilter
    script UserSettingsChanged()

It's very fast and should do what you want. If you want to filter other object handles, the command scripts are on this page:
    http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30975