1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

cu sidhe question

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by frostbolt, Apr 8, 2009.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

so i recently acquired a black cu sidhe with
    Hit Points: 517
    Str/Dex/Int: 610 / 82 / 277
    Resists: 62 / 37 / 70 / 35 / 84

now i understand that its hit points kind of suck but everything else looks fine. is this one worth training?

oh and im gona be using this for pve.

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Quick look, NO.

More detailed look, no, unless you dont have another one...To be honest....hes very crappy :(

However! he is black...nice colour so yes :)

My ice white one is worse (and admitadly i never use him) but hes still trained up, no point having a coloured pet to ride if hes not all gm's

3. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If it were me, I'd let him bond and keep working the spawn for something better to replace him with. It depends a) how tough a hunt you plan to take him into and b) if you want to spend more time around the spawn actually looking for something better. If you're sick of the sight of the place, you may as well work with your current pup until you want to try looking again.

Wenchy

4. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

someone gave me this one but if i wanted to "work the spawn" how do i do it.

do i just tame one and let it kill other cu sidhe until it dies, and then tame a new one? cause cu sidhes are kind of hard to kill since they have over 1000 hp and do like 80+ damage

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The most popular technique appears to be just that, tame one set on an untamed cu(or paragon) and release it, 9/10 the tamed one will get stomped.

Then jus repeat until either all paragons spawn or you get one you like.

6. mpjlosers

mpjlosers Guest

just because all 4 cus are paragons, that is no reason to stop working the spawn. just go get your greater dragon and a ton of bandages and kill the paragons...

7. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Use Disco on the CU you want to kill.

8. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

i just got a new plain one is this better?

Hit Points: 583
    Str/Dex/Int: 612 / 86 / 289
    Resists: 54 / 33 / 73 / 39 / 78

also someone gave me a greater dragon thats

Hit Points: 836
    Str/Dex/Int: 618 / 65 / 552
    Resists: 72 / 71 / 55 / 55 / 55
    oh and uh it has 90.1 wrestling
    90.5 tactics
    91.5 resist spells
    37 anatomy
    110.8 magery

is it decent?
    whats the strategy to tame greater dragons?

9. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

To work the spawn, most of the regulars I've seen tend to para tame and then set the tamed cu on wild ones: I use a char with GM mage/eval to ensure the pup is fixed firmly and then invis once I start a tame. You need to get into the rhythm of it and anticipate when the para will drop so you can stop holding down the tame key and re-para.

You can also lead tame normally but it can be boring walking around the same circle for weeks ;)

You do lose an extra 4% from skills after para taming, so I'd use a normal lead tame for anything I wanted to keep or sell.

I also have a method that involves quickly killing the pups and taming anything useful. But it's only useful if you can kill the pups much faster than through taming. I run a disco/voke tamer there. You do need to watch your karma though, especially as paragons always seem to be the first critters to notice! I've seen a few folks think "I'm ok, the pixies didn't hit me" then walk smack into a para cu sidhe.... Not pretty... Just watch other tamers don't gather and wait to take advantage if you go on a pup killing spree.

Wenchy

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Not a great GD as its your first bond it and use(always good to have one).

When i have to tame GD's, i hate doing it btw, ill usually kill the ones i need(with a friend) then invoke honour and use spellweaving if neccessary...usually works fairly easily. Pain is building up honour and getting the level 5 circle.