1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Curious about WRR and the Townhall

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uriah Heep, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

After all the hoopla, and what I would consider a slap in the face, I was wondering if anyone knew whether WRR was gonna broadcast the Seattle Townhall?
    Or are they just gonna say forget it.

2. canary

canary Guest

I think they should go and then hit UO with some tough questions, LOL.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can answer those already: "soon" "we like fire" "we cannot talk about that right now" or "we'll look into it".

4. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

WRR will be in Seattle. So says a little bird I know.

5. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

They say we like fire alot don't they? Well how about this?

Your fired WRR.

better yet.

You are fired UO. <--I really like this one.

I think alot of people who are going to the Townhall should hit the devs right off the bat with this whole banning stuff. Then go from there. hey just my two cents.

Edit: add thought. I DO hope that WRR broadcasts the town hall. I would NOT be surprised tho if WRR said Nope we are taking our business else where. I would not blame them if they took there business else where, but if enough people speak up they might broadcast it. Shrugs.

6. Crystal Rose

Crystal Rose Guest

Yeppers, Ezekiel is correct. WRR will be at the Seattle town hall meeting to broadcast the event LIVE on www.wrrad.com
    Afterwhich the recording can be heard on our website or Adam's recording on UOForums.

As well as at the ingame Dave & Busters studio on Lake Superior.

If people can't be at the meeting in person, they can post questions to the EA/Mythic team on our website or via book ingame at the D&B studio.

See you there!
    CR

7. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

Crystal, where on LS is the Dave & Busters studio?

8. Crystal Rose

Crystal Rose Guest

oops sorry forgot to add that in. Thx for asking

The Dave & Busters studio is located just North out of Luna bank area (second row of houses). It's a dark gray stone building.

9. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

Thanks, Crystal, that should be pretty easy to find.

10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

People who have not themselves been banned should be careful what stories they listen to.

11. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

This whole thing is bothering be more and more. First folks get banned for possing items that have been dupped. Now folks getting bans for mentioning sites that have ads? If this happened in real life one couldn't tell someone to read the local news paper or even the wall street journal.

I guess it is another fine example of EA's method of dealing with their buggy code by making normal things harder to do rather than fixing the underlying problems. ie, the problem with locked down container and incoherance going through moongates.

Selling gold for rl dollars gives value to the gold. It enables people to turn excess gold into game time codes and permits new players to buy homes. The problem is the people who get the gold by cheating.

12. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No. The problem is the people that buy gold/items. if were not for their demand to cheat the sellers would have no reason to dupe for profit.

13. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Nope, wrong. While the scale of duping was smaller 10 years ago, people still actively looked for ways to dupe and still duped. This was before the culture of "UO stuff for RL cash" we have now. Also what we had more of was a culture of sharing cheats, instead of a few major for-profit dupers keeping the information to themselves. There were lots of public bug sites where anyone could learn about the latest dupe, house breakin xploit, or cheat program. I also don't believe that bugs got fixed that much faster in those days even with massive publicity.

14. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

I just wish I had a nickel for every time this melodramatic phrase was uttered in Uhall.

I would own UO by now...

And then I would have removed elves and Trammel and AOS item properties just to irritate people. Mua ha ha ha!

15. deadite

deadite Sage

It was different 10 years ago because UO wasn't about items. (Just gold I suppose)

16. Queen Mum

Queen Mum Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you're not able to attend this Saturday's Seattle UO Townhall have no fear, for once again members of the Whispering Rose Radio [WRR] staff will be broadcasting it live and you can join in the 'party' time fun on Lake Superior at the special WRR Dave & Busters site ....

[​IMG]

17. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know why this myth has become conventional wisdom.

UO was always item-based, it's just either worse now, or you just have more choices now, or both, depending upon your point of view.

When the PK had an invulnerable suit and a Heavy Crossbow of Vanquishing, and you had your spells and a store-bought leather suit, he won. Every time.

Anyone remember farming skeletons for bone armor? Not much different, when you think about it, to farming Doom for artifacts now.

Anyone remember the duping of castle deeds in the Ice Dungeon?

UO is clearly more item-based now, since Age of Shadows, than it was. But it was always item-based to some degree, and always had duping, of both gold and items.

-Galen's player

18. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I am absolutely amazed that WRR will be covering this Town Hall, and I am both grateful to and admiring of WRR for doing so.

And hopefully the incident will be on the list of topics.

-Galen's player

19. deadite

deadite Sage

I think you misunderstand me.

Of course there were always "grades" of weapons and armor.

But the divide has grown larger and larger. The ceiling keeps rising and the floor has never gotten a boost. Used to be someone could stand on the floor and jump to reach the ceiling. Now you need a bloody crane to get up there.

Those silly overpowered artifacts and specialty items have done nothing but make RL transactions and duping 100x worse.

Instead of continually raising the ceiling on items and monsters, UO should have focused on expanding gameplay styles by adding features to the things that make UO unique. But that's neither here nor there.

20. What did I miss? What incident?

21. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'll PM it to you so this thread doesn't go where the other one went.