1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Curious about your opinion on guardless faction towns...

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Kat, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We've been having a discussion on the Siege forum about whether or not town guards should be restored in faction towns. I am presuming this is the same scenario on other shards and if so, do you guys prefer it this way or would you like to see the guards restored?

As is, to a large degree, it alleviates non-faction blue player interferance, unless they are prepared to flag. For us, it adds to the danger of Siege, but I am curious how you feel about it in regard to your own shards! :)

2. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There shouldn't be guards in Faction towns, there shouldn't be NPC's in TB base (which shouldn't even be in Brit, IMO), there shouldn't be blue healers in Fel and there shouldn't be red healers in Tram.
    If there's gonna be guards in faction towns, they should only target non-faction chars who flag.

3. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think guards in faction towns is a close call either way. I wouldn't complain either as both ways make the fighting a bit different. As long as fields are allowed in towns I don't particularly care the arguments are strong on both sides. With that being said.. those ****ing NPCs in TB base,, that serve no purpose have to go.

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I def agree about the blue NPC's. Guardwhacks aren't a problem atm, but they damn sure like blocking the doors!

5. Saleena

Saleena Guest

And guardwhacking!!!

6. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think since the towns can have player controlled guards, there's no reason to have npc guards. It's been nice not getting guardwhacked from some random area affect. And those ****ing blue npcs that insta kill in the tb base need to be removed.