1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Curious. Any 1 hit kills from Vorpal Executed.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone get some nice 1 hit kills from Vorpal. I think its that weapon that is suppose to do that.
  2. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 17, 2006
    i dont think they said anything about them having 1 hit kills, but i do recall reading they were sposed to have the same ability as the void demons with suckin your npc creature into a void and spittin it out somewhere lol...also the scyth having the ability to blackrock infect your target and the pyros staff having some kind of flame stream, i havnt heard about anyone seeing any of this though
  3. I've never seen any evidence that any of these special attacks even exist.
  4. Vorpal
    Reports indicate that the invaders occasionally carry new and powerful weapons. Some of the items recovered thus far include the following:

* Staff of Pyros: A rare chance of laying down a line of fire in the direction the wielder is facing, while attacking something. Carried occasionally by Light Daemons
    * Vorpal Blade:
    o A rare chance of instantly killing an NPC mobile
    o An extremely rare chance of duplicating the blackhole attack of the Void Daemons, affecting NPC mobiles
    o Carried occasionally by Void Daemons
    * Berserker's Scythe: A determined chance of blackrock infecting the wielder's target. Found on slain Berserkers

hmmm ...
    No "Promise" that they would "do that" beyond the invasion/event ... (over and done btw)
    Not many reports (none I rcall) of anyone getting A "Vorpal effect" (either one) DURING the event ..

How about the other two items? AFTER the event? line of fire? blackrock infecting ?(just from the item ... not other ways)

5. Actually all 3 Mag Weps are "suposta" have special moves.

Vorpal = 1 hit kill
    Red staff = Fire Trail, like in mag
    Scyth= void, sucks crap in

Not that any have Ever been reported to work. BUT that was the stated mods as they were droping from the devs. .
  6. Garaba

Garaba Guest

I have blackrock infected critters with the scythe but that's about it.
  7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    I one hit killed a mongbat who wandered up onto my porch recently. Does that count?
  8. <blockquote><hr>

I one hit killed a mongbat who wandered up onto my porch recently. Does that count?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, don't say that!! I bet the devs are already patting themselfs on the back now thinking "they Fixed it".
  9. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 7, 2003
    these new weapons seem to have gont the way as my glacial staff, i say the power words but nothing happens, NEVER seen any of the specials work on the magencia event items

On the note of power words not working, I tried as recently as last week, Sacron/Dacron at the pillars to no avail
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

I never got a Scythe, can't test.
    I haven't used my Vorpal at all, haven't tested.
    I've only wielded the Staff on one mage char and haven't seem to have created a white fire field yet. I haven't used the staff purposely in melee, so not much test data.
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Just a side point, but aren't the words of power for the Serpent Pillars "Doracron" and "Sueacron"?
  12. hmmm
    To use the serpent pillars you also have to say the 'magic word'. To travel from Britannia to the Lost Lands say "doracron", to travel from the Lost Lands to Britannia say "sueacron".

To go from Britannia to the Lost Lands, say the word Doracron.
    To go from the Lost Lands to Britannia, say the word Sueacron.

I do remember there being some work DONE to the pillars for some reason ... weren't working for awhile ...
    haven't found a patch note one way or the other though ...

No idea if they changed the SPELLING ...[​IMG]
  13. [​IMG]Picked a vorpal and a Pyro up off a vendor [​IMG] cheap ... haven't had the time to run the fencer out with the vorpal .. maybe someday ...
    probably AFTER building up a macer to properly check out the Pyro ...

Don't need the "challenge" to occasionally spawn a BRinfected ... the odd piece of blackrock works just as well ... for me

There WERE some reports of the Vorpal Being SUSPECTED in "one-shot" dropping major bosses in "unreachable manner" ...and/or "poofing" totally ...
    Doom or Champ spawns ... iirc ...

Would be neat to "see" the Vorpal "void" ... whisk some baddie away ... likely it got disabled due to WHERE the baddie landed ...
    the ones that the "special" creatures generated ... usually resulted in a "noob class" graveyard ... being the destination ...
    At least for some of the NPC's (bankers, criers, etc) That "went missing" and later "tracked down"
  14. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 17, 2006
    well ive been using the void blade alot recently and so happend to drop a paragon AW into brit graveyard...sorry about that folks, lol jk
    ive been using the blade for days now and havnt seen anything happen out of the norm
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, i haven't seen my Vorpal Blade do jack yet, and i've killed TONS of Meer Captains for Bolts with it. Haven't seen the Staff of Pyros do it's Firefield thing either, and i've used it for Whirlwinding the Undead that the DF throws out. I have however seen the Berserker's Scythe Blackrock Infect a DF before, damn i hate it when people use that thing in the Doom Gauntlet.