1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Curious if anyone has obtained the necessary items from the monger for Caribdis?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by weins201, Jul 24, 2011.

1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just seeing if anyone has obtained the Spy glass and bait to do a Caribdis, and if so how was it?

:stir:

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I haven't, but a group of Stratics staffers tried it on Test - we found you need to keep the tentacles down or they multiply, don't try to solo it, and use cannons.
    We didn't, we all died, and the boat got chewed to shreds. We were going to have another try with more boats and cannons, but we never managed to co-ordinate our timezones to get that number of us online together again.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Yeah its not easy. But from our first test we learned some things from it. :)

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I smell a new fishy income for active fishers. Service would be to fish up this beasty for groups. I suppose 1 mill per go sounds fair. *g*

5. Adol

Adol Certifiable

If the rumours of them being equivalent level rewards to 120 scrolls are true, that would be far too cheap... it's still a whole lorra, lorra fishing to get them! A friend and I have been at for 3 hours now, both running our own quests and feeding fish to each other, and so far we've had a few of the new hooks but no scrolls or Charby items sadly.

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

The oracle glasses are said to be in the 120 ps reward range. I havent heard anything about the baits. The value of this service depends on the baits ... the glasses are not used up and have to be recharged with fish oil. One of the question is, how many charges the bait has and how many you need to bring up the monster. :)
    (Not to mention that there is no known additional loot atm.)

7. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

I have received 5 uses of bait for a 200 point 6 liner quest. Does it take more than one bait to fish these guys up?

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

It seems likely, the publish notes say:

9. Snow78

Snow78 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ive been at it for 3 days total now and the best item ive recieved is a 120 scroll, 110 scroll,some 105s, Lots of baits and some new items Hooks etc. Im just glad to hear someone got his bait. Yest i heard someone on GL got the oracle of the seas. Hopefully someone will post more pics about this beast and some goodies :)

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Working together a group of us got 5 Bait

but no Glass yet.

And I am curious about the reputation progression, I think its broken. I did some math in another post adn it doesn't look good :confused:

11. Mr Bug

Mr Bug Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

12. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

For which order?

13. Mr Bug

Mr Bug Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It was from a 6 liner that totaled 105 points if you count sal****er fish and crustaceans as 1 point and dungeon fish as 1.5, typical crate that normally rewards you with a 100 use stone fish bait etc. Might have a better chance of getting the higher end goodies if they would remove the hooks and garbage from the higher point brackets. Did a similar order yesterday and got a lava hook. That is when I park the boat for the day and go kill something. Good Luck with it and happy fishing.

The Albatross/ Lord Aphid LS

14. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Humm still no word on a recent completed caribdys?

Ah well us neither just two sets of bait thow.