1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Curious..

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by imported_The_Dude_, Feb 23, 2008.

1. I have several smiths with say 70 skill i have been getting bods once a day for my friend. I was wondering if i put a +30 blacksmithing hammer on when i went to get bods would it give me the same bods as say someone with GM?

Also would you get the bonus or whatever they put in recently for smiths at GM and above..

2. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As I understand it, that would be a no.

Let me ask this--if you hold an Ancient Hammer, does it give you a "your blacksmithing has gone up by +30.0. It is now 100" (non-verbatim) message? If it doesn't, then I think it'll be a definite no.

3. Yes it does say your blacksmithy has gone up by +30 or whatever hammer your holding. Even Says it over 120 like when i put my +60 on my smith it says 180....

4. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran

I would still think it's a no, but I'm sure someone else will be able to give a definite answer before too long.

5. This has come up before and the answer has been that your real skill is what is checked for BODs.

6. Redrum1

Redrum1 Guest

I remember seeing that also!

7. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Hammers have no effect on bods.

Make a new smith with 50 skill, hold a 30 hammer - you will not get 70 level bods.

8. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Theo is correct. ASH's have no effect on BODs.

9. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

<blockquote><hr>

Theo is correct. ASH's have no effect on BODs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they did - then you could just work skill to 60 and then hold a +60 hammer and get legendary bod distribution.

Talk about a BOD Scripters DREAM.