1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Current Spellweaving templates

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by CrazyUserName, Oct 21, 2014.

1. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Good day!

I was just wondering if anyone is running a Spellweaving template and what you use it for. I had a bit of luck with spellweaving during the blackthorn invasion event, mostly due to word of death but since then have soulstoned the skill onto a character i now want to use for her actual purpose (archery).

Trying to see if it is worth keeping around or if I should junk it for other skills. I remember it being somewhat tedious to get to legendary but am struggling to find the value to keep it :) it's one of those hoarder vs utility struggles I am destined to continue to face!

Any input would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Glenny glenn

Glenny glenn Adventurer

Well depends really on what your using it for. For pvm it has the obvious use of word of death, but don't over look gift of renewal with a lv 6 focus its pretty sweet as well as reaper form for more sdi. Pvp it shines quite well too, gift gives a lot of survivability as well as summon pixies on a dismounter is pretty deadly. Oh completely forgot about essence of wind its fantastic for grinding fights

3. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the replies Glenn's Glenn, my previous Mage now uses mysticism for PvM, which is why it was transferred in the first place! I have not really delved into PvP- but it is on my bucket list!

4. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

I have a Mystic-Mage-Weaver that runs with 110 SW and is generally fine.

My favorite SW spell would have to be Gift of Life. It has saved me in PVM from having to run out of a dungeon or to an ankh at a critical time and allowed me to get right back in the action. As others have noted here, Gift of Renewal can also be a good spell for both PVM and PVP. Word of Death and Wildfire are pretty decent offensive spells. Reaper Form and Arcane Empowerment can be used to give a boost to spell damage.

So take your pick - it can be put on either a PVM or PVP template. While I've not used it with a dexxer myself, I've seen enough suggestions on the templates of others for using it since it doesn't have an accompying skill which must be used for it to be a powerful enough or worthwhile spell.

5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with the others, it is a good spell-fighting and/or fighter template skill as well. While perhaps not indispensable I do enjoy mine especially with a high focus.

6. CrazyUserName

CrazyUserName Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It sounds like I should keep it around :) I will review the skill spaces I have and let you all know what potential outcome I have decided upon - also allowing you all to help me by shooting holes in the template :)

Diomedes Artega likes this.
  7. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I look forward to "seeing" the different templates, and shooting holes...I mean helping you out.

8. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

mystic weaver mage-personal favorite balanced pvm/pvp
    120 myst focus mage eval resist sw

mystic discord mage- basically RC does all dmg for you, WoD at end.
    120 myst focus mage discord music sw

weaver tamer mage- good tanking with faster boss killing
    120 tame lore mage eval med sw

weaving is a standalone skill so it can be put on just about anything and work. It's mana intensive and requires a circle to work well but doesn't need regs or anything like that. Most spells are utility in nature so they are useful for almost any temp.

I've seen a lot of SW archers not sure the temp but I would assume somehting along the lines of
    120 archery tact heal anat resist chiv sw