1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Current state of the game?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Gorakka, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Gorakka

Gorakka Visitor

I was thinking about coming back to this wonderful game, I'm just wondering what the current state of it is? How's the population on atlantic? Is PvP Dead?

2. Theron

Theron Sage

Atlantic is the highest population shard and UO in general is very much alive, in fact a new expansion (Time of Legends) is coming out at the end of this very month. If you activate your account in August, September or October you will get the expansion for FREE. Some shards have a less active population, but the existing community is amazing and will help you with pretty much anything. I keep seeing new players and returning ones in Europa...I guess many people like myself have realized the overall crumminess of the so called "Free to Play" MMORPGS out there which turned out more like "Pay 2 Win" and were authentic cash sinkholes.

A new PvP system is also in place called VvV or Vice Versus Virtue, but since I don't PvP I can't tell you much about it. No doubt someone will soon tell you all about that here in the forum.

Zanaver and Captn Norrington like this.
  3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Shard with the highest population by far = Atlantic
    Shard with the best pvp currently = Lake Superior
    Shard with the best Roleplay currently = Catskills
    Shard with the kindest community (in my opinion) = Chesapeake
    Shards that are usually the best for EM events = Atlantic, Great Lakes, Origin, Chesapeake, Europa. Sonoma, Napa Valley.

I am from Atlantic, and although the population is not as high as it used to be, it is still by far the most populated shard and is considered the "main shard" of the game. The majority of the buying and selling of items in the game still takes place on Atlantic as well.

Now would be a great time to return to UO, since the new Time of Legends expansion is coming out soon :)

Conleth and Zanaver like this.
  4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Make a trial account, sign in and see for yourself or just re-activate an old account and come back and check it out.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  5. PurplePotion

PurplePotion Adventurer

The game is still alive and still easy to lose yourself in. Its easy to pick back up on the basics. However, in my experience, if you play on any server other than Atlantic, expect it to be somewhat quiet, or is some cases nearly dead. - Well I can't speak for LS, I'm not sure how it is there now with the PVP. I'm guessing the Fel side there is somewhat hopping now at least. Like the others said, it really is a good time to come back. I've seen a bunch of new people in the past few weeks, and getting the expansion for free is a nice perk too.

Captn Norrington likes this.