1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cursor Flicker in Windows 7 64Bit

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by JC the Builder, Nov 17, 2010.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. I have noticed a very annoying flicker of the game cursor when I move it. Anyone else see this either on Windows 7 or maybe it is only 64bit related? If I move my cursor a lot I end up losing track of it because it is invisible most of the time.

2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had the same thing when I got my new comp with Windows 7 64bit. I finally set the mouse to run in separate thread and this got rid of most of it, but it's still a bit shaky, just not totally fluttery and unusable. This was only in Classic tho, EC was and is just fine.

3. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Unfortunately I already have the mouse running in a separate thread checked. I just installed the Enhanced Client and it does not exhibit the same cursor flicker as the Classic Client.

4. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I run windows 7 64-bit and I don't have this problem on either client. I can't tell you why I don't though sorry, just letting you know it is not always a problem and it may be something else going on that is fixable.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Since you recently changed OS, have you tried checking your Mouse settings in the Control Panel? Perhaps slightly altering the OS Mouse settings in Win7 might clear it up.

6. Babble

Babble Guest

Did you get it fixed?

No problem with win 64 and hp mouse