1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Service FROM HELL!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Voodoo Bad Mojo, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

Purchased a code on Origin website.
    logged into game.
    code didnt work.
    paged a GM.
    GM never showed.
    logged in today, tried code.... no go, paged a GM, one showed up.
    told to contact Origin.
    called Origin.
    they said email UO support.
    emailed UO Support, gave him the order number.
    was told the following;

so UO support dosnt even know what a origin code looks like?
    hi left hand.... meet the right hand.... you 2 will be working together for a while, you may wish to get to know each other.

im gonna go ahead and just assume that im never gonna get this code to work and its a write off.
    i should have just went to one of the 3rd party web sites and purchased a code from one of the "book droppers" at least their stuff WORKS!

#1 Voodoo Bad Mojo, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    legendsguy likes this.
  2. Voodoo Bad Mojo

so.
    for a $10 dollar house teleport code i have spent 4 hours working. (in game and on the phone and drafting emails)
    i make $38 a hour.
    so not only am i -$10 for this purchase, but now im -$152 + -$10 for the time ive had to invest into this plus out the code.
    -$162

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

First you need to go to the website and get on your "Master Account" and apply the code to your desired account you wish to upgrade.... THEN and only THEN will the code work for you in-game and allow you to get the token for the Kings Collection.

4. Voodoo Bad Mojo

not a kings collection code.
    its a regular item code.

5. Voodoo Bad Mojo

oh joy!

they want me to rate my service!!!

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't worry, they won't read your reply.

cdavbar, legendsguy and yars like this.
  7. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nope in fact it don't even go to EA but a service company who adds your #'s to a data base.
    Don't feel bad... seems the codes I bought from the old site I was told would still work don't and even though I kept the emails in a folder they say they are invalid.
    Got to love when EA try's to cover its arse when its wrong... "I didn't do it - you did!"

legendsguy likes this.
  8. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Did your code have dashes in it? IE something like

ABCDEF-GHIJK-LMNOP-QRSTU-VWXYZ

If not put them in. The first after the first 6 letters, then every 5 after that as above. The codes they sent out for Kings collection failed to have the dashes so didn't work until you put them in. Maybe your code is the same, if you actually got one and it doesn't work.

9. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Are you copying and pasting the code in, is it the code you see right after you mae the purchase? is it the code emailed to you? alot of questions you have not answered. Copy and past ethe code in is the easiest.

10. Voodoo Bad Mojo

copy and pasted (CNTL V)
    code had all the dashes in it (came with them)
    tried the code bout half an hour after they emailed it to me (and checked it to the one i got at checkout, same code)
    and then again a hour later.
    then 12 hours later.

11. Voodoo Bad Mojo

OH MY GOD!

i figured out what they did wrong, hahahahahhahahahahaha

this is so stupid.
    i went and had a look at the code and noticed that they dashes where in the WRONG PLACE!
    i moved them to the right place and tried the code..... worked.

unreal.

someone at Origin may want to check their code generator.
    its putting the dashing in the wrong places.

12. Garrett.

Garrett. Journeyman

Same problem here...

Bought 2 codes; 1 x Gothic and 1 x Rustic and tried to apply them to my master account and it says 'you cannot use this code on your account'.

Used the codes in-game and worked fine for collecting items - didn't need them though, just needed to be able to use the house tiles and distillery etc etc.

My codes have all the dashes in the right place and were bought from the Origin site. Emailed UO Support and so far (2 days now), I have had no response from them......

Also, have another Kings Collection code that was bought by someone else from the Origin site and, this too does not work - giving the same explanation as above. It also is in the right format, dashes etc.

So I reckon they got problems all-over with the site and buggered if I'm going to waste my time on the phone to them looking for a work around.

Be nice if;

A, UO support could READ my email and at least confirm they have, with a realistic time-line of when my dodgy codes might get sorted out.

B, Give us a little bit more loving here on the boards with an appology (some thing free like the hamster would be good too) or, even better, an acknowledgement that there IS a problem with the OVER-ALL code generator and not just for Kings Collection, and offer up some words about what they are planning to, or actually ARE doing about it!

UO Support/Dev's communication skills are adept at the most and really do need to be worked on. I know they are all very busy but! It takes less than a minute to type and send an acknowledgment and/or a few lines of up-date etc. And such a small gesture goes a long way to keeping your customers/playerbase a bunch of happy campers :)

I work for a large global company like EA and have found that the working practice suggested above, helps a lot when dealing with corporate screamers, over demanding and unrealistic customers/demands - it's a nice thing to do - practically unheard of these days - And.... kinda takes the sting out of their anger/frustration about their problem!

So go on Mesanna & Co, give it a go and show us all here that you arn't still stuck in the old way of doing things! :)