1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Support Site Seems To Have Migrated

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

When you go to the old customer support site, you now end up on the Origin support site and you have to log in again on a site that seems to be connected to force.com, whatever/whoever that is. I've also been unable, so far, on the new site to find my support history for my EA account, some of it updated as recently as yesterday. When I click on the My Cases link, there's nothing there....

I also hope that whatever force.com is (seems to be hosting the site??), it doesn't also mean a wholesale replacement/substitution for the customer service teams we were dealing with as recently as Saturday.

It sure would be nice to get some usable information explaining what's going on from someone at EA instead of having to discover stuff like this completely by accident.

Anyone else have any better clue what's going on with customer support and submitting issues to them through a website versus having to call things in or use Live Chat (if that's even still available)?

2. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I'm so confused.

My previous post is based on clicking on a link I had from last week but now in checking things more thoroughly, I'm still able to get to my old cases on support.ea.com and now I can't figure out how I ended up on the site with Origin and force.com plastered all over it.

So maybe no need to panic yet....

3. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Okay, here's what I have at the moment:

support.ea.com is the old support site and still seems to have case history.

customersupport.ea.com seems to be "new" and somehow is connected to force.com, whatever that is and, like the other address, you log into it with your EA Account information but your support case history from the other old site hasn't been brought over. You can also access Live Chat from this "new" address.

Thoroughly, thoroughly confused and wondering and worrying what else is left to this migration to turn our EA Accounts into Origin Accounts....

4. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Take two aspirin and try again in the morning...........

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Cloud computing applications are the new wave in business app development. Build your apps on Force.com, the leading cloud computing platform

6. retrorider

retrorider Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Great, now my acct info is stored in the cloud. Yeah, that should be safe.