1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Customization issue

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by dragonthorn, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dragonthorn

dragonthorn Guest

During customization I finish the first floor but when trying to access the other floors to customize I get the message (invalid level selection for your house), this is a 3 story house but I can't get access to the upper levels at all. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it fixed or resolved?
  2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I have heard of this problem twice before:

One was human error - though I do not remember what exactly he did.

The 2nd involved a house on Fire Island. It seems some houses there are located rather high on the overall "Z" axis and are literally pushing the ceiling of the game world. A GM said that we would be unable to build higher than 1 story.

Are you on Fire Isle?

If you are not, just on an off chance, you might try the other client just to see if it reacts the same way at that location.
  3. dragonthorn

dragonthorn Guest

I am south of demon temple, have tried all of my chars on both clients with the same message.I also have a house just west of the temple with no problems at all.
  4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'd try visiting other shards and see if any of them have a 2 or 3 story house built in that spot. Might give some insight.
  5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 25, 2001
    That's the spot where you can't build up your house, unfortunately.