1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Customized homes: where are roof tiles placed if not top floor?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by gortman, Mar 1, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This is a newbie question on roofs. For the house I'm building, each higher story is a little smaller than the lower floor (I plan for it to be a pagoda-style house). That means the outer perimeter of the lower floors will have a one or two-tile border of roofing. So here's my question:

do veteran builders associate those roof perimeters with the floor directly below it, raising the roof tiles up as high as they can go? Or does it make more sense to have them at the lowest level of the upper floor? Or does it not even matter at all?

Thanks for the help!

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Treat roof tiles like floor tiles - if you try to raise them up as high as possible you will still not be able to walk under them, as they block movement. So place them low and on one floor higher than your walls.

3. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the great info Sarsmi! Much appreciated!