1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Customizing Keeps and Castles with House Teleporters

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ACB1961, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I had an idea I thought I would share with you guys. Castles and Keeps are not friendly when it comes to getting from place to place within them. I'm using House Teleporter sets to travel within the same house, as well as to the other Houses.

Have a Blessed Day

:danceb::danceb:

2. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

TY for info shared and ty I will have a blessed day!:D

3. Coragin

Coragin Guest

I still think it would be a good idea to let crafters craft a special teleporter set that only works in non-custom houses and only works in the SAME house. Tinker and or Carp, carp with magery? Would be nice to be able to do that, I know its a pita to move around a castle, but I love me castle.

4. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

You should not be able to customize your keep or castle in any way whatsoever because you have one and I do not.

[/UHall]

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh wha wha..... the only think I have to say about is... you should be able to customize the things. However the biggest reason you can't is because some folk have trees in their courtyards.... It's my personal opinion that these should be removed.... a quick fix done to clear all trees from current castles.... and the trees removed from all shards.... this way in future a castle can always be placed on that spot anywhere.... even if there isn't one on that shard now... After that you'd have to have the full 32x32 available to place.... just like any other house.

Though there are major drawbacks to allowing the customization of such places....

Also... I think that every "account" should be given 32x32 house placement..... so if you have an 18x18 you can still place a 14x14... Or you could own 4 8x8 plots..... or any combination in between.... and the housing tool would tell you how many tiles are available to your account.

But that's just me... so Castle owners would only get one plot...

6. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I don't feel they should be customizable. If you have a Castle or Keep, enjoy it as is that is what you paid for/placed. If you want to custom build a structure do like everyone else and get a smaller plot.

That said I have no problem with the ability to craft teleporters that could be added to ANY structure like the suggestion made above.

7. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Your perception of sarcasm is legendary.

8. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

Hmm i just wonder what effect this would have if keeps/castles would be costumizable...

Would super mall owners move out of luna to build their own gigantic mall?

Lino is pro the idea of costumizable keeps/castles...
    I have mixed feelings about it...

I sort of love classic houses cause they remind me of pre-aos.

But anyways...i love the idea of creatable teleporters.
    Should these be created with carpentry or tinkering?

9. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

Actually, I think the trees should stay. There should be an option at customization of a castle to have a tree incorporated as a real-world object into the foundation of the customized castle where it stands. There already exists tile art which would be suitable - perhaps with minor modifications - for incorporation of these real-world objects, why can't we just place the castle or keep down, customize around whatever obstacles are in it's plot area, and end up with a unique castle with a unique decoration? It would give castle plot owners a challenge to come up with good decorating solutions around the real-world objects they place onto.

If this were to be implemented, all that would happen if the customized castle decayed is that the tree would still be exactly the same tree it was before in the same spot, and nobody would be affected by the removal of trees that didn't need removal in the first place.

10. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Then you are really going to hate me. I have a keep and 2 castles. Sorry, but that is the way that it works out.

11. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Just let me craft some doors please.

[​IMG]

Double click this deeds to add a door to your keep or castle.