1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Customizing skills list in "Skill Gump"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Arcades, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I used to be able to delete the generic groupings of skills by single clicking on a group, then pressing the delete key. It would dump all the skills into the Miscellaneous grouping. Now, I cannot delete. Driving me crazy sorting through skills when I just want the ones on my template in 1 grouping, and all the others in Misc.

2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I just added an additional group at the end -- "Current Skills" -- and moved the ones I'm using into that category.

3. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wow, just a few weeks ago there was a thread on stratics about deleting all the groups and making your own. I guess that must have been an error in the game and needed a hotfix or something. Sorry Arcaes but it looks like there isn't anything you can do.

That said you could try copying over a file from another char you have into the same folder as the new guy and seeing if that will fix or force it. They should be in your documents folder.

#3 Picus of Napa, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  4. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I just tried it and it can still be deleted, I used the Delete Key on the numeric keypad and it worked fine

5. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ya it works for me on TC1, but for some reason on my LS characters, all the newly created ones, I cannot delete skill groups. I guess its just an annoyance more than anything.

6. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I just created a new char on LS to try it and again I was able to deleted the Skill groups with the Delete Key on the Numeric key pad. So i can confirm it works for new characters as well as old characters on LS

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure how many groupings you currently have, but it sounds like you're down to one group. Maybe you can't delete when you only have one category?
    Of course, you can always create new categories and move whatever skills you want into them. You can even rename existing category as well. So whatever situation you're in you can simply rename the existing group(s) to whatever you want and create more if necessary.

#7 Viper09, Dec 15, 2012
  8. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just made a fresh guy to check it out and the normal delete key does not clear out the defaulted spacings like it did. I have not tried the delete key on the num pad.

9. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Delete key works fine for me, The first thing I do when I make all new characters, delete all the skill categories except miscellaneous, and create a new category that will have the skills I'm going to train.

Tested in the Classic Client

Edit: Be sure you don't have a macro set in UO-Assist to the Delete key, UOA macros override in-game macros.

#9 CovenantX, Dec 15, 2012
  10. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've had this problem before. I was using UO assist, and the Delete key was set to a function on Assist. un-attach the delete key from any macro/function, then it would work again to delete skill groups. If only running UO, then dunno.

11. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thx, it was tied to my UOA re-dress macro. Thanks for the help!