1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting and splicing items

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by archite666, Mar 29, 2009.

1. archite666

archite666 Guest

So iv seen several examples of people cutting certain items in half or combining with other items, like with tables or making really unique stuff.

My question is two part: How do you do that? and can it be done with forges? I want to create a really long forge that will essentially be used is something like an iron mill.

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can do it with large forges, or any add on that takes up more than one tile. The way I do it is to place square goza mats on each tile the item will occupy (for example, four goza mats in a row for a large forge, or 9 goza mats in a square for a pentagram). Raise up each of the gozas 2 times. Place the item, and lower one of the goza mats twice to the floor. When you do this, it will cause the item to "break", and now each of it's parts is movable, unless you merge all of the parts back together, in which case it becomes whole again and can be redeeded.

After you break the item you can chop the parts you don't want with an axe. Once you have done this you can never get the item back, so be careful. I'd mess around on test center first if you are going to be doing this with anything expensive or that is difficult to replace.

One further thing to note, chopped up items do not survive you going into house customize mode, so when you go into customize make sure you lock down the partial add-ons you have left so they will stick around and not poof.

3. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

That's a awesome idea, one I would not have thought of. I am going to try this myself, as I have a mining house with two large forges lined up. Thanks!

Borric

4. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Mines a bad example. I use to have one that went three directions. Its bigger but not by much.

[​IMG]

5. Lord Gareth

Found a better example of it.

[​IMG]

But yes like was said. Gozas and the large forges are a bit tricky. You can only use that middle section when making them longer because the other pieces if you are as picky as I am will show.

6. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Like Sarsmi said, you have to be careful when you choppy chop things, I destroyed a bloody pentagram by accidentally axing one of the pieces when the gozas below were at different levels. Those gozas are so useful though, bless the programmer that came up with them.

As a side note, dang you Gareth and your creative designs!!

7. eolsunder

eolsunder Guest

Yes i do also, the "ore" waterfall is very cool.

8. Lord Gareth

Maybe ill post my designs up here. I just I re-do houses all the time sometimes three times a week heh.

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ouch! I would have cried. Or at least used some really foul language for a few minutes. :eek: