1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cya Lady's and Gents

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Elmer Fudd, May 31, 2009.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Well Siege, its been a good ride while it lasted, but UO isnt the game for me anymore. I will not drop my castle, i will probably keep one account open untill siege either dies or picks up...For all of my enemies that havent seen Eye to eye with me, I had fun with you guys also...I dont want to leave with any hard feelings other then (Mono)....especially with Kelmo and Kat...you guys are good people IRL and if we met we would probably have some good laughs...all my KoC/420 people and OtF you guys are great...most of you have my number give me a ring....im not going to be chardoney and Puffy and keep trolling the boards even when I dont play....when im done....im done...Petra, thanks for everything...

Well...dont know what else to say?

I hope the game gains speed and returns to what all of you want from it....

Rob...from Nebraska.....over and out!!!

LOL:thumbsup:

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Meh, sorry to see another known name go.

Take care Elmer and hope you´ll find some other great thing to do until you return... ;)

3. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

It's Chardonnay,asswipe,can i have your stuff?

Never the less your like the rest...leaving...thnx for your last post worship though its duly noted...:thumbsup:

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Its not worship, your the definition of disrespectful and your that way for no reason at all...because you think it makes you cool as a person. If your not going to help the shard, dont make it suck for everyone else, let people enjoy the game for what it is that they like....you get on these boards and rant and rave every five seconds about SP and how great you were....

you are nothing on this shard because you never made it a better place by you being here....your greatness is defined by how many people you have touched in a positive way...and all ive heard from people is that it would be a breath of fresh air if you and the likes of puffy were to never post or play again....why dont you try and be a positive influence on the shard for once in your life..

If not? then shut up and leave for good! and let the rest of them have some fun

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*sighs* I will get back to you Fudd. Just woke up from a nap and have to go do end of month things at the store...

6. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VYJy05T70o

7. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's okay Fudd. Unlike the rest of us, this is the only life he has. He obviously can't tear himself away from it to further himself in society, so let him have at it.

All we do is laugh at him anyway.

8. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Make that 80%,quit stalking!!

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

To be real honest here...I felt myself becoming a negative impact on the shard with my speech and behavior towards people I didnt even know...I know now it was frustration at a game that wasnt what I desired, and I started taking it out on everyone on the boards and in game.

That isnt who I am as a person and its better that i leave on a positive note then end up like the cancers we have now on stratics and in game. I dont want to end up like them and smack talk the very game I enjoyed and gave so much for. I hope the game becomes what everyone is looking for, and people can slow down on the griefing

10. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Pot+Kettle=Elmer Fudd...

11. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

RTL, I don't even know you and I think you're a *edited*...last thing I need is another infraction... :loser:

12. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Who Me?

I dont think Ive ever met you before

13. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hate to see ya go sir. we had fun. but i think there will be more to follow you sir. and Chardonnay you are the one thats got that dumb ass tatoo on your forearm. right? that was 1 dumb ass tatoo. you had to be high as hell when you got that 1

14. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen a lot of dumbass tattoos, but what I pray for is that the guy didn't actually get "dumbass" stenciled on his arm :coco:

15. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats! *waves*

On a side note, selling a few UO accounts cheap. (for gold of course)

16. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Enjoy the summer Elmer, I'm sure you will be back :)
    Take care

17. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Maybe you think you are funny, but you really start to become a pain on this forum.
    Sorry, but I had to say it

18. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Be well on what ever adventures you find next. :thumbsup:
    Hate to see another Vet go ...

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Fudd... We have crossed swords in game and on this forum. I am pretty sure we have pissed each other off on occasion. *smiles*

I guess I have pretty much taken a year off. I really have not played seriously in quite some time. Yes, I paid for the accounts. I logged in on the only stealth character I have and walked around ever now and again. I showed at a player event or two just for show. For the last year or so most of my UO experience has been vicarious.

I suspect I am not the only person that has gone through this. I have tried to be many things in this game. I have learned that I just do not have what it takes to be excellent at PvP. I don't want to do math. Min/Max... (old time gamer term) I just don't have time for.

I don't cheat. I suspect that many that are accused of cheating really do not. They just spend an unhealthy amount of time studying a game. To the point it becomes important.

Going to the bowling alley is not important... It is just fun. Whether you bowl a 101 or a 289. Yes, there can some fun jibs back and forth. But it is just a game. With a lot of practice, you get better. With a lot of beer you get... well who knows. I have seen some bowl better while drunk.

I wish I could make some golf analogies... but whacking a ball and chasing it just seems silly to me.

Oh yes! This post will make QZ say get to the damn point already, this wall of text is killing me!

Now back to my ramble... This is a game. Well UO is. Stratics is not. Stratics is a gaming forum. Stratics is not a thing you can win or lose at. *waits for the obligatory mod hack comments*

Why I have done this gig for 4.5 years is beyond me, and a subject for for some serious counseling. I do it as a service for the community... But that is another rant.

Do not let Siege Stratics get to you. Nothing here really matters. No matter how furiously anyone types. By the way... all your posts are belong to Stratics... Just like all your UO pixels belong to UO/Mythic. You own nothing on the INTERNET, except for the enjoyment of the time spent there.

If the joy is not there... step away and think. Why are you here? What is in it for you? It is your game as long as long as you wish.

Crap... I can be a long winded ole ******* some times...

/end rant.

20. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

That's a nice post Kelmo! Seriously!
    You win Stratics!:D

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

You say the sweetest things, Red. I have always liked you in game. You bring a smile to me every time we meet. I just wish we could all do that here on these forums.

Not saying you are a drag here on the forums, you are fun here too. Some others... Not so much.

I am an old dreamer. I know.

22. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed. Any game you use a spread sheet and a calculator to figure out your stratgey ceases to be a game and starts being work. I'll never learn the formulas, the numbers; I refuse to even use uoa. This is just for fun diversion.

23. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Sorry to see you go Fudd. You were a good enemy to have.

24. HaHa

HaHa Guest

WoW ----->

gimme a ring when your rdy to play !

25. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

Sorry to see you go man. You're one of the bad guys that make Siege fun.

26. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Good luck and best wishes to you Mr. Fudd.

27. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

So is the wife quiting too? Hate to see two fairly active players leave.

Hope you come back soon...la

28. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Yeah... Can we keep Daleth? She is kinda cute.

29. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Hate to see ya leave, I kinda of figured you were headed in that direction. Ever since you put up that castle you havent been on much. Keep the fat tire cold, champ (i think that is super dog's name) chasing ducks, and daleth happy. goodluck with whatever you do. I hope to here from ya, well I hope to hear from daleth but hearing from you wouldnt be all that bad either.

30. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Bummer, yet another vet leaving uo. Is EA getting any of this?

31. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I had very good, honest dealings with you. I hope to see your return in the future. Enjoy the summer.

32. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper

you think EA gives a ****?

33. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Daleth will keep one account open and Ill keep the castle account open, she doesnt play but once a week for maybe an hour or so anymore do to her crazy school and work life, but yes she will play a bit.

Thanks everyone for the nice send off...Ill pop in from time to time to wish everyone well.....Dan,Hugi and Enigma you guys are the best...you guys kept me playing for months longer then I could have guessed, just because I got on to hang and chat with you crazy guys...All my 420/KoC/OtF boys and girls have treated me great...and even you folks I wernt guilded with that I made good friends with like krystal and Elvis hang in there and it was fun being guilded with you guys and especially listening to you elvis in Vent....man Ill miss that.....

I will stop in and say Hi every now and then, but i will never bash the game or the players of this shard...Hope EA does something with it...you guys are great Siege except for one....Over and Out!

34. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Sad to see you go, I'm one step closer to being a vet!

35. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Take care man..it was fun playing against you when we met on the field

36. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

RTL replying to last...sorry for the confusion...

37. MikeD

MikeD Guest

Im new to Sp, i started on Atlantic and Baja, and when i came to SP, my first day i didnt see one other player through all my travels. I was getting ready to log off and delete my toon, then a player ran up... It was from that point that i was introduced to NEW, and everything else the SP community has to offer. To think that i almost quit this shard after now seeing what its community has, well lets just say im glad i stayed on for the extra minute that i did.

I have already started to gather up player events, and i have also already recrutied 3 of my old WOW friends, and theres more to come from my Steam Friends. I hope to help in the efforts of turning SP back into what it was, i read about the history of SP and it is incredible all that has happened here, and now all i hear of is how it use to be and all I see is more of the people i have read about quiting. I hope that my presense here and all the people i bring to SP will help in the influence of your Return Fudd, and until then, Farewell...

38. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present

sucks to see ya go. have fun and enjoy the bike all summer. it seems like every time i have a free day it rains so i haven't been able to get out much. throw me an icq every now and then.

39. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Then keep your !@#$ mitt shut and dont get one...:loser:

40. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hate to see you go. I always liked dismounting you when I could find you. Maybe we can hook up in Omaha this summer sometime for some beers with the wives man.

Take care.

41. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Chardonnay leave the SP board and stay away from the SP shard or atleast stop trolling this thread its not about you.

Sorry to see you go Fudd, I hope in due time you will return!

Take care and good luck in the future.

I shall give you a farewell dance :danceb: :-(

42. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Rest in peace Fudd, it was great while it lasted. I agree on how negative Siege has turned out. Its sad how immature of a shard it is.

Farewell.

Death Tax

43. Blindside

Blindside Guest

DA FUDD!!!!!!!!!!!! damn man sucks to see ya leave man we had some good stories and laughs. 3 things that shouldnt ever be taken from a marine....Alcohol, women, and his corpsman....death cheaters FTW!! cya bra

44. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Damn you people keep sucking me back in with all these nice posts....you are some great folks and again thank you so much for a great send off....Siege...this USN Vet will sign out with some parting music for the road....You people are great....best wishes and hope everyone has fun out there......Ive got everything I need....right by my side...:)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bKwRW0l-Qk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bKwRW0l-Qk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

Over and Out

45. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Thanks Hun! I just wish I woud've had a heads up before I opened that one, didn't expect that, getting all emotional at work, damn you!!! I can't say I will miss you cause I will get more time with you , win for me, lose for UO!

M

46. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

[youtube]C-IhmIVMxnU[/youtube]

GREAT EPISODE!!

47. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

OMFG...you really do look like a elmer...LMAO...i dont care who you are thats funny!!

48. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

lol see u in about 6 months to a yr elmer, u always come back hehe:p

49. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ya dude, Richard Garriot had are brains hacked 10 years ago, nobody ever gets away...ever....

i hear he is from another plain of existance....:spider:

50. Fanta(Siege)

Fanta(Siege) Guest

Sorry to see you leave Elmer haven't encountered you much in the short time i have been on Siege but I have encountered you a few...(they all ended in death) :) Hope to see your return one day cause we will all be here waiting!