1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Daemon statues at the Lycaeum?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

On Great Lakes....

There's about 10 large Daemon Statues at the Lycaeum. They seem to have a prophesy on each, as a name. They also tell you, if you double click them, that you have to "beat them" to touch it, or some such thing, due to a magic on them by a "treasure guardian".

I have no clue about these. I did a search here, looked at some news, didn't see anything.

They say things that seem interesting to the current events.

"Infuse the Gem with the Blood of Queens."
    "The Ten are named. The Ten are dead. The Ten's powers remain."
    "In death, the air will release the Ruby."
    "The artist of Xenvy An-Amo-Lem will find the Ruby."
    "The blood of many will call to Pyros through his Gem."
    "Demons will rise against life again. Pride will attract them. Ruin will encourage them."
    "Pyros gave a prize to the Demons, a Ruby scorched."
    "Demons waged nine great wars. The first war was brother and brother."
    "Malevolence mothered Demon children. Demons are the ninth."
    "The three generals: Knowledge-Bartholomew, Bloodlust-Bulder, and Nightmares-Nether."

Is this GL only? If so, do EM events sometimes cover what's going on in the game fiction?

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Short answer:

GL-only; EM event; sometimes the EM events intersect game-wide stories, sometimes they don't.

Longer answer:

They relate to an EM event from a couple of weeks ago, part of our ongoing struggles against the Demon Conclave. We've found ourselves in the middle of two blood feuds; one, between the 4 Elemental Titans from the old Ultima game called Pagan, and two, between the Titans and the Demon Conclave.

One of 3 Demon Generals was captured, and we put him in the Moonglow Zoo for want of a better idea. The magic of the Zoo contained him for awhile, but eventually his magic broke through, causing horrible nightmares and other strange events in Moonglow.

For example, those statues.

We were able to track the now-escaped Demon General to the Moonglow Bubble (remember that? from the blackrock detector event?), and slay him.

As to your second question, do EM events ever cross the game-wide storylines?

Yes they do.

Does the Blood Feud storyline intersect with the game-wide In the Shadow of Virtue storyline?

I honestly don't know. I can't recall off-hand if EM Malachi has said definitively one way or the other.

EM Malachi has "Royal Spy" events every Tuesday at 9pm Eastern; most of this Demon Conclave stuff is from those events. EM Elizabella has events at a less regular schedule, usually on the weekends. Having 2 talented EMs, one of which has a regular consistent schedule and the other of which varies her event times is enviable. GL is a blessed shard in this and other respects.

-Galen's player

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Trebr, you might want to go to here and read up on GL events.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Once again Trebr I must say if you just were there.... you'd know.

5. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I just can't make it very often. And when I can, I get caught up in other things or otherwise forget it's that time.

6. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I don't see a link from Stratics to that site, or am I missing it?

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot