1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Damage Eater Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tuan, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Nov 2, 2013
    Hey all, I've never really tried out the eaters, but I'm planning to make a new suit, and was thinking that I might want to fit an eater on a piece or two.

From UO Guide it says this:
    "Damage Eater properties have a capacity to store up to 20 healing charges and convert charges every three seconds from the last time damage was received before they stop converting damage."

Does anyone know what this really means? Does each point of damage restored convert a charge? I don't recall ever seeing a "Charges: 20" in any eater armor I've ever seen. How does it recharge?

So if I have 30 fire resist, and I'm fighting a GDrag, and it firebreaths me, normally I take 48 damage (70 fire reisist + swampy armor ...). So then I assume that I'll get 14 HP restored. Does this happen all at once? Does this mean I've used up 14 charges? 1 charge?

Any idea how this works for combo attacks? Sticking with the same GDrag example, lets say he hits me with his claws... which I believe do 75% phys 25% fire, and do something like 36 damage. Will I then recoup 3 HP?

Same example, what if I had 15% ALL, and 30% fire... would I get 8 HP then, because it would trigger both eaters?
    SpellBreaker likes this.
  2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Jan 9, 2009
    So if you have a fire eater, and you get hit by dragon breath you'd take the normal damage, then shortly after whatever % was consumed by the eater will be restored to you. If you get hit with say 3 fireballs in arrow each one would restore a portion to you. (so 1 charge per damage incident)
    Damage all doesn't stack with other eaters. So you'd just get the higher of the applicable ones.
    SpellBreaker likes this.
  3. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Greater Dragon melee damage is 100% Physical. But like Logrus said, Damage Eater will heal you for the percentage of it that you have 3 secs later. At full health, a Greater Dragon will hit a 70 Fire Resist player for the 60 damage breath cap. If that same player has 30% Fire Eater, he will heal for 18 damage after 3 secs.
    SpellBreaker likes this.