1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

General Damage not carried through servers

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by Mervyn, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Damage does not carry through servers. Meaning if a player is hit by any type of damage that has a delay in the damage being dealt and then moves through a server (for example a dungeon entrance) the damage does then not carry through the server.

This makes it possible for players to exploit this by rapidly moving in and out of dungeon entrances or other server lines avoiding any damage that has a delayed effect (which is the majority of spells)

2. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yep.. and it's always been like this... Nothing new. The one that really bugs me more than this is STAT altering equipment and hp increase. If I have +30 STR and + 25 hp on my suit I drop like 40 hp when I cross a server....

3. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Circa 1997!!! Don't think it's about to change..and hey if they do attempt to fix it be careful..you'll start just taking random damage passing thru entrances..or abusing it to get hit in guards and get guard whacked in dungeons..it's a pretty easy fix..stack the doors drop EVs and wither bomb..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can get deadly poisoned and travel to a guardzone and the guards will not stretch into dungeons so there is no reason why fixing this issue would cause another bug.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't think this will be classed as a bug. It's the reason pvp used to be centered on Buccs Den years ago.
    server line hopping is as old as the game itself.

6. Misk

Misk UO QA Lead
    VIP

As stated above this issue has been around since the beginning, however I spoke to Bleak about this report and he feels that there may be a solution to the problem. I have submitted a problem report into the system.

Mervyn and cazador like this.